Which 18" Alloy Wheels for an S3? ? ?

Maz

Reaction score
I'm currently deciding which alloys to opt for from the following?

1: RSTT OEM'S powder coated in either Anthracite, Titanium or Gunmetal.
2: S4 reps powder coated same as above
3: New S3 Reps - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-New-Style-...tcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
4: VW Phaeton 10 Spoke Reps - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-AUDI-TT-NE...ageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m124

What do you reckon?

If anyone has the skills to photochop any of the above alloys to an S3 that would be most helpful. Thanks!

Sam-K said:
Gallardo reps look the nuts mate! QUOTE]

True, I've only seem a couple of S3's with them and they might look mean in a darker colour.

I am yet to see an 8L S3 with 18" Gallardo's; only 19".

Have played with the idea myself. Anyone found any photos with them on one?

ICE

"6 month warranty depending on conditions"

IE they wont survive the first winter?

I am defo spending more on wheels for mine, keep thinking about reps as the price is attractive but I cant help but feel that they wont last 5 mins

Thats a bit dodge.. but you can't get real versions of the wheels that would fit an s3 yeah..?

(PLUS. Bong Water.. You used to be on CSC didn't you? )

Yes I did mate, still on there giving the younguns grief!

What was your user name on there?

If you ever get your new alloys would be interested in your old ones :p

Sam-K said:
There was at least one guy with a Noggy blue S3 on here with them i'm sure..?

Here they are... (Photos grabbed from forum) I think they are both 19s Im also a big fan of the S4 reps but I havent seen them on a low s3 or in powder coat form which is what I really need to see before purchasing.

s31ap4.jpg

g3ib9.jpg

s4alloysoe4.jpg

All the above look good imo and if someone can pls lower the last pic and possibly darken the rims I would be v-happy. I have crappy microsoft paint and my attempts at modifying look horrendous...

just keep your eye out for a decent 2nd hand set of BBS or OEM RSTT's

BBS are great but its not gonna happen.

There are a few OEM RSTT's on eBay at the mo but not 100% sure on fitment. They all have conflicting details ie: tyre type ie 235s, part number 8N0801026S or 8N081025S, various offset.

I know the S3 is 5x100 pcd offset 30-45 (according to Rochford Tyres fitment guide) with tyres being 225/40/18.

Im actually going to view the local-ish ones this wknd to be sure and if any one does fancy the 17" Avus PM me with an offer. (The front two have NEW Goodyear GSD3s and the back two are Wanli with a similar tread pattern to YOKO AVS)

S4 reps, same look as standard S3 wheels but in 18"
Pretty rare tho, and they look mint!!
Some on ebay at the mo with a starting bid of £500!

025S is the last 4 of the part number for RSTT wheels

mines the red :redrs4:one with the lambo reps,
i think they only do them in 19", well they did when i brought mine 6 months ago.

...job done, managed to view and negotiate a set of OEM RSTT's this evening. Few scuffs here and there but nothing a refurb cant fix. :)

out of all the wheels you listed i deffinately think the rstt's were a good choice.
I think anthracite would look damn good on your car:icon_thumright:

agreed, get them refurbed anthracite and you'll have a sweet set of rims!

...couple of before and after pics.

First impressions I like them and they certainly draw more attention than the avus although the tyres are a lot more noisy than my 17" GSD3s.

(bye bye 17s)
dsc02679sy4.jpg

(will get a better pic, it was getting dark)
dsc02687ai7.jpg

ive just treat myself to some RH splits :) 8.5 + 9.5 x 18!

I've got the OEM centre caps although mssing one so I need to get one of eBay.

Agreed, RSTT's are common but suit the car well and Im getting mine powder coated in anthractie so should be a little different to the norm.

sounds good, got my centre caps off ebay, 40 for the set rather than 40 for one as i was quoted somewhere! post some pics up wen they are powder coated, cant wait to see what they look like!!:w00t:

They are blinging!! Hope ya dont kerb those ones from ebay :)

I have a set of Brabus Monoblocs on mine. They look quite nice.

doug mk2 said:
I have a set of Brabus Monoblocs on mine. They look quite nice.

Do you have a picture? I've not seen them on an s3 before