Custom Code

S3_Pricey

Reaction score
Just took my 2000 A3 1.8T into TSR Performance in Bridgwater today to have a Custom Code stage 1 remap. Mine is the AGU non DBW engine. They were very polite, showed me into the waiting room and got me a cup of tea. Only took them about 45 mins and with the 30% discount it worked out at £246, which i think is pretty reasonable. On the drive home i couldnt take the grin off my face, the difference was amasing! The car feels so much more alive now, with a steady curve of power that takes you all the way to the red line. feels alot more torquy aswell. I havnt had the car on a rolling road yet so unsure of exact figures, but they seemd to think it would be around the 190+ bhp mark Would highly recommend Custom code to anyone who is considering a remap. Any body in the Somerset area should aslo consider TSR, top blokes! My car is pretty much stock exept for the 18" RSTT replicas and a pipercross panel filter. also upgraded the diverter valve to the 710N. The car is going in tomorrow to have the weitech ultra GT 40mm kit fitted. cant wait!!:arco::arco:

13 months down the line I still have that same grin! Another vote for CC I see!

whats the mileage on you car mate?
mines has just reached 85K and was thinking about a remap aswell but unsure if mileage might cause a problem.

Mine has just gone over the 100k mark, think it will still be ok to re map it? got a jbs / custom code in line as soon as can free some cash up

I tried calling Storm dvelopments today, the guy on the phone was unsure the effect that a remap would have on my Auto tranny (increased heat, etc). I know most folks don't have an auto., but seeing no-one called me back on this (that's an e-mail, and two phone calls to different places with no concrete reply - which I take to be a bad sign) it would be good to get an answer on this...Anyone..?

just going by what other peope on here have said, there is a guy who has a remaped a3/s3 at over 150K. There is no doubt that the remap will put marginaly more strain on parts and perhaps push already failing parts to go slightly quicker, but i have not heard of people having majour problems on higher milage cars following a remap. :meeting:

mines been at 190bhp since 130k, now being mapped to 240-250bhp tomorow at 155k, no worries at all.

These engines go on for ever!"

good job.
always hard to decide who to use and remap choice.

what's TSR like, were they working on anything tasty?

where do you get your servicing etc.

TSR were great, they seemed knowledable n friendly. didnt go into the garage but they have a vtwing window in the waiting room. they had a corrado, cudnt see which one, and a sweet mk 2 golf! I would recomend them as the service was good and the price was too