JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning

Status

Just confirmation (if you needed it) that Goodyear F1's are excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xp8HM29Ndc

Shame they've stopped doing them really.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    That's handy, having just put a set on mine yesterday.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    Have not really had mine break traction as yet, you say they have stopped doing them? whats there replacment?
    Black S3

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Have just been out in the car for the first drive since getting the new wheels & tyres put on. Definitely need more air in them. I'll set them at 38 this weekend.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Administrator

Status
    My last set of tyres were F1 GSD3s and I thought they were absolutely fantastic!

When it came time to replace I was told there was no stock of the right size about so I took Excellence instead; I didn't think they'd become end-of-life though. They must have something good lined up then? It'd be daft to kill such a strong product if you didn't have something as good/better to follow it...

Regards,

Rob.
    The truth they're trying to keep from you is that IPv6 has nothing to do with address space; we're actually running out of full stops.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko4130
    Have not really had mine break traction as yet, you say they have stopped doing them? whats there replacment?
    You can still get them but I was told they are trying to supercede them with the F1 Asymmetric as they've been around forever. They're still on goodyears web site.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    I love my F1's.

Interesting that they didnt seem to test the Toyos which seem for the FWD peopl at least, to be the next best thing to F1s
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

Has a throbbing red german.

Status
    I love my F1's too! better than anything else i've used! :D

I like "Posh Fiats"

Goodie Gum Drops

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern
    I love my F1's.

Interesting that they didnt seem to test the Toyos which seem for the FWD peopl at least, to be the next best thing to F1s

funny you should say that, i fitted a set of toyo t1r's to my 306 s16 and they improved it no end, was still a bag of ****e like but it was a better bag of ****e with the toyos, any one fitted a set od t1r's to a S3?
    Black S3

REALITY?.... WHERE AM I AGAIN?.... WHO AM I AGAIN?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    Have just been out in the car for the first drive since getting the new wheels & tyres put on. Definitely need more air in them. I'll set them at 38 this weekend.
    A word of advice from my experience,

I run mine at 36psi all round, I used a faulty guage at esso the other day and put 40/41 in and it was like driving on Ice!! I nearly spun the car.

I have found that 37 is a little understeery, where as 36psi offers the best all round performance.

225/45/17
    Silver S3 OE03, PH sticker in Rear Window,