Just confirmation (if you needed it) that Goodyear F1's are excellent

Have not really had mine break traction as yet, you say they have stopped doing them? whats there replacment?

Have just been out in the car for the first drive since getting the new wheels & tyres put on. Definitely need more air in them. I'll set them at 38 this weekend.

My last set of tyres were F1 GSD3s and I thought they were absolutely fantastic!

When it came time to replace I was told there was no stock of the right size about so I took Excellence instead; I didn't think they'd become end-of-life though. They must have something good lined up then? It'd be daft to kill such a strong product if you didn't have something as good/better to follow it...

Regards,

Rob.

jacko4130 said:
Have not really had mine break traction as yet, you say they have stopped doing them? whats there replacment?
You can still get them but I was told they are trying to supercede them with the F1 Asymmetric as they've been around forever. They're still on goodyears web site.

I love my F1's.

Interesting that they didnt seem to test the Toyos which seem for the FWD peopl at least, to be the next best thing to F1s

Dave_Bayern said:
I love my F1's.

Interesting that they didnt seem to test the Toyos which seem for the FWD peopl at least, to be the next best thing to F1s

funny you should say that, i fitted a set of toyo t1r's to my 306 s16 and they improved it no end, was still a bag of ***** like but it was a better bag of ***** with the toyos, any one fitted a set od t1r's to a S3?

jdp1962 said:
Have just been out in the car for the first drive since getting the new wheels & tyres put on. Definitely need more air in them. I'll set them at 38 this weekend.

A word of advice from my experience,

I run mine at 36psi all round, I used a faulty guage at esso the other day and put 40/41 in and it was like driving on Ice!! :notme: I nearly spun the car.

I have found that 37 is a little understeery, where as 36psi offers the best all round performance.

225/45/17 :icon_thumright: