Bumper scratch remedy

Rikster23

On the facelift path...
Reaction score
My misses scratched the lower part of the bumper last night on an upturned pavement slab.

I went to investigate and saw that she had cut a 3x1.5 inch scratch on the very far side of the bumper (black part)

Can this be fixed or would I have to fill it in? Its not that noticable as the area is black, however under close inspection you can see it.

Very annoyed as I recently bought the car (8L) and it was in pristine condition.

Could anyone advise? Or does this mean I have to upgrade to an S3 bumper :faint:

The bottom part of the bumper... the black part is replaceable without changing the whole bumper. Give audi a call for a price... I have no idea how much it will be though. Or you could go for an aftermarket bottom piece to change the appearance

I have a complete (black part) bumper for the front of a prefacelift 8L that I was going to flog on e-bay...(I upgraded to a Vagparts mod). Normally I would let you have it, but after my Fiasco with the Audi dealers I need at least some, but not alot of cash, to keep the wife happy...PM if interested

And the moral of the story is.... don't let your missus drive your car :D

Seriously though I do have symapthy. If it's the plastic (non-painted paint that damaged, you only really have 2 options:
1) repair and try to spray close to plastic colour
2) replace it

Thanks for the advice guys.

Have to have a think about just plain swopping it or fixing it.

How hard would it be to fix such a small dent? Because its black it is hard to notice.

But ideally I want to colour co ordinate my car so its seamless.

Because the image of the link shows a debadged A3 its hard to visualise it.

Will give you a shout regarding prices for the part :)

Having said about just replacing the plastic part.

What would be the cost of a replacement bumper, possbily an S3 one?

Although it would look weird with a front S3 bumper and regular A3 rear bumper.

Dependant on price I may invet in these for april :) Due a big pay rise hehe.

I will take pics soon, paid my local garage to do the wiring...fitting is easy!:icon_thumright: