New owner - with any sort of luck, deposit paid!

GT130

Reaction score
Hi all,

Put a deposit down on what i think is a pretty mint 01' 210bhp S3 and looking forward to picking up next week.

The car drove really tight, felt great - smooth performance as opposed to a big shove in the back, not the quickest from what i felt but the overrall package of looks, interior and 4wd is great and im really looking forward to picking it up!

As for extras it's got the centre armrest, bose (sub and 6 cd), heated seats and some 18inch RS4 reps, unfortunately with naff quality tyres !!

Some of my recent'ish cars (out of the 34 !!)

GT tdi 130
Accord ctdi 56 plate
Passat 1.8t wagon
Fiat Coupe Turbo 20v
Corrado G60 - 200 genuine bhp
golf mk2 valver
golf mk 2 8 valves x2
Cavalier Gsi 4x4 - long time back when they were rust free !!

Site is very useful but i cant see that there are many meets? Cant seem to find an S3 owners club either - any ideas?

Cheers

Is this your 1st S3?

I am sure that you'll love it. Although the first thing that you'll want to do is get it re-mapped, and you'll get plently of advice from folk here about that!

Had mine since 03 and still love driving it, which is a first for me.

In terms of meet's and a club, there are quite a few organised, just keep an eye on here, or offer to host one near you. With regards to clubs, this is it :)

Post some pic's when you pick it up.

All the best
N

Cheers mate, if I am anything like as into the old Corrado forum then I'll be on here loads..

The other thing i was looking for on the web was Group tests of the S3 in it's day against peers etc - seen a cpl of mag's on E-bay for sale but has anyone got links to archived group tests on the web or even old brochures of the S3 when it came out stating options lists etc ??

Remap is the plan but Admiral are only charging me an extra 33 quid over the Mk4 golf 130 GT tdi upto Nov 08....no idea how they work that figure out - anyway i'll stick with them till renewal and then look at modding with other insurers....:hubbahubba:

Hello and welcome
read the stickies above the list of normal threads for good advice and don't hesitate to ask advice but make sure you don't use textspeak as the AS.net English Language Police will be onto you :laugh:

voorhees said:
Hello and welcome
read the stickies above the list of normal threads for good advice and don't hesitate to ask advice but make sure you don't use textspeak as the AS.net English Language Police will be onto you :laugh:

ha ha

c u l8r and all that

:)

GT130 How do you find the performance compared to your old Corrado G60, I still have my corrado its in pieces at the mo in my Garage, cant get my head around selling it:shrug: just use it in the summer for the shows, I use the corrado forum too! Very informative and a good crowd to be fair.. Get some pics up when you get it....

Hi Corradoman,

The G60 I had was sweet - took it to the shows - Edition38, Stoner Park etc

G-Werks pretty much rebuilt the engine for me to 200bhp and 210 lb's of torque - traction was always the problem and the ride was not enjoyable for everyday use with the coil overs....still a sad day when it went though but it was time to move on, performance was a real buzz with the boost return mod noise etc etc

I understand the Phirm maintain the car now and it's up to 240bhp - must fly but without a lsd a bit of a pig to drive.....

Picture of the ole girl..

I had a Vr6 Corrado with a Z-Enginnering charger, loved it, I also like the CCGB club, went over to Amsterdam and Germany for a few meets, really good club :) I even got featured in the CCGB magazine, my only claim to fame. Btw-Welcome, and get the S3 mapped and lowered :)

GT130 said:
Hi all,

Put a deposit down on what i think is a pretty mint 01' 210bhp S3 and looking forward to picking up next week.

The car drove really tight, felt great - smooth performance as opposed to a big shove in the back, not the quickest from what i felt but the overrall package of looks, interior and 4wd is great and im really looking forward to picking it up!

As for extras it's got the centre armrest, bose (sub and 6 cd), heated seats and some 18inch RS4 reps, unfortunately with naff quality tyres !!

Some of my recent'ish cars (out of the 34 !!)

GT tdi 130
Accord ctdi 56 plate
Passat 1.8t wagon
Fiat Coupe Turbo 20v
Corrado G60 - 200 genuine bhp
golf mk2 valver
golf mk 2 8 valves x2
Cavalier Gsi 4x4 - long time back when they were rust free !!

Site is very useful but i cant see that there are many meets? Cant seem to find an S3 owners club either - any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Graeme,

Welcome to the forum!! See you decided to come to the good side!! Petrol all the way!

Stick to 18's on the S3 ;) How's long melford in the winter??

Cheers
Andy

Er...thanks, but who is Graeme ??

First mod will be the wheel spacers - the cheap brand tyres are brand new which is a really shame as difficult to justify the outlay on four new ones....

Any ideas on links to brochures etc?? Any decent group tests ??

Also - the car has the bose sub and a in dash 6 cd with bose speakers...was that the best option from new and how good is it as I have 4.5 inch middle of the range (good) Focal components that i could fit in the front if likely to be better ??

Thanks