Can anyone recomend a brighter or LED sidelight bulb I can buy now?!

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have searched the forum and there are indeed lots of links etc.. for bulbs on ebay but most seem to be expired.

So is there a kinda blueish whiteish bulb maybe LED? I can go and buy now that will look better that my current sidelights compared to my Xenons? that wont flicker or anything and do not need any further wiring.

Any help or advice much appreciated

Cheers

Dave

i have Piaa LED sidelights been running them for almost two years with no problems. LED's you buy from ultraleds or similar will blow within a few months.

If you do a search on ebay you should find a set for reasonable money. The LED tera bulbs come with a resistor but a cheap set will run fine (mine were £6)

ash_s3 said:
Who in their right mind would pay £92 for a pair of sidelight bulbs!! You' have to be ****** nuts!!!

Those that want the brightest will plus you get what you pay for!! I got the Xtreme Force 4700k ones all round and they work a dream, luckily I got mine free from Japan (I love my auntie)

What are these new bluey lights that the new Lexus have on the rear plate....they look pretty damn good.... thought they were xenon but then thought why would they bother going to that extreme.

Cheers, might give the PIAA ones a go then...

What bulb number are they, like H?!?

ive got the piaa on mine from priracing have a look at my post of my bbs lm reps you can see them in action...!

Dont bother with the LEDs they only end up blowing after a couple of months.
I've found some bulbs which are much better, they give a nice intense white light, and because they are bulbs they should last much longer.

They are whiter than my philips blue vision headlight bulbs, no orangeness to them at all. I've tried plenty of other supposedly white sidelights bulbs and nothing else comes close.

They are Polarg M4 bulbs. heres the link to the ones i bought, if you click on the seller you can order off them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250004357846&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

Thats why you pay the prices for PIAA bulbs; they are very GOOD. the terra sidelights dont blow unlike other cheaper makes and really enhance the the look of the car coupled with the xenons. IMHO its paying the price for the PIAA terras. Get them from priracing ans Nav will sort you out. He knows his stuff as i taught him everything he knows; you can tell him that. :)

if you like the look of mine just mention me and hell sort you out with the same...

Go for any of the 2 versions that he sells; H370 and H376. I have the H370 and its a crisp white light whereas the H376 gives a crisp blue tinged light. Having tried both on the S3 i would suggest the H370 as the white light goes very well with the xenon light

Mo-S3 said:
Go for any of the 2 versions that he sells; H370 and H376. I have the H370 and its a crisp white light whereas the H376 gives a crisp blue tinged light. Having tried both on the S3 i would suggest the H370 as the white light goes very well with the xenon light

i cant see the H370 in that link....

Ok iv just asked him and been told that the H370's are now discontinued and the H376 is the replacement. This version does not need the seperate resistor splicing inline.