just spoke to jabba

S3-kitch

Reaction score
i asked them if they will map my s3 1999 210bhp they said they wouldnt do it because it doesnt run well and could in the long run do some big damage.

just wanting to see if any of you guys have had problems with ur map due to the age of the car.

really want it maped but jabba cant do it, :(

thanks for any help guys

how do they know your car doesn`t run well ????

all remaps put extra strain on parts so unless is uber high milage I dunno try someone else

they just said its not going to b running as well after the map. they said the bhp will b fine its the fule he said it could be running rich witch might do some piston damade afetr a long time something like that, just dont no didnt really understand, so finding out if anyone who has a pre 2001 have had any problems with there maps. sure if i get one done it will be fine.

thanks

So you've been to Jabba and they KNOW its running rich?

If you have ANY problems with the way the car is running, a remap will more than likely damage the engine.

However, if its running fine, or just high mileage, there are plenty of people who will remap for you.

when i had my car serviced there i spoke to them about having the car remapped, mines a w reg 2000, they said they dont like to remap the early model S3, they didnt respond well to it.

no just spoke to them on the phone. they said it could run rich after the map like mk1chopper said they dont respond to the map that well. so i dont no what i should do. get it mapped or leve it. just want people to tell me if they have had any problems with there maps pre 2001

thanks for the help guys

dont worry bud i rang them an i had the same problem they said they cant get the fuel right was abit ****** off because i wonted them to do it. but goin to mtm now anyway.

Mines a 210 APY engine, got it mapped at AmD and not had any problems with it, why would they be any different to map than a 225?
I've only done 54k miles to date, so can't comment on higher mileage, but it's an 1999 - T reg.

the ecu is different from the 225 an its the fueling they cant get it right he said.

Do Jabba use generic maps?

Sounds like custom may be a good idea, Jabba are a big company and if they say it causes problems it might be worth taking it into account!

Dont see how running it rich would do any piston damage? Or is it that they cant get the fuel mixture right and it may run too lean which is whats more likely to cause wear? If you're running rich then it may not be as fast but theres less strain, at least thats what I thought?!

ChriS3 said:
Is your car one of the earlier cars that were non-DBW? I know of a few compainies that will only map the DBW models.

Is there actually S3's available with no DBW Chris? I don't see many S3's earlier than mine, T-reg 1999 with no ESP or traction control, and it's DBW.

thanks for all the help guys might b going with vag check to get the map done, if not custom code

If the engine is running too rich then all the fuel isn't burnt properly and the remaining fuel will wash away the oil that is used to lubricate the pistons and bores leading to premature wear on the cylinders.

Well I think thats what can happen? Anybody care to confirm or correct me?

jojo said:
Is there actually S3's available with no DBW Chris? I don't see many S3's earlier than mine, T-reg 1999 with no ESP or traction control, and it's DBW.

You're probably right as ever. Its the 1.8Ts I'm thinking of. I'm forgetting it all since I'm not an S3 owner anymore. :)

I'll swap my S3 for your RS4 if you think it would help and get you back in the groove? :p

If they wont remap your year model sounds like they cant do it so take it elsewhere, just make sure you research the company and they have a good rep. Jabba have a good rep because they turn away cars they cant do, such as yours but other companies may accept the business then leave you with a ticking timebomb. Take heed of jabbas words and be cautious finding another tuner.

Space Cowboy is right - you have to ask yourself WHY they dont want to do the remap - why would they turn business away ?

Spend the money on upgrading the brakes or suspension instead IMHO

I've got a 2000 X reg remapped with custom code at 86K and now just over 115K and sweet as ever.

Why not talk to other tuners, tell them what Jabba told you and see what their response is?

TheSpaceCowboy said:
Jabba have a good rep because they turn away cars they cant do, such as yours but other companies may accept the business then leave you with a ticking timebomb. Take heed of jabbas words and be cautious finding another tuner.

I'd also agree with this. Jabba are a highly reputable tuner and a vast amount of experience. If they say no to doing it there's probably a good reason, afterall to them its £500 for 30 mins work.

So are they saying no because of the condition of your car or because of the model it is? I have a 210bhp S3 registered in 2001, Does this mean im gonna have the same problems?

I believe it is the model that is causing the problem because it is an earlier model. I had my 210Bhp AMK 2001 S3 remapped by Jabba with no problems.

Hope this helps,

ICE

Bong Water said:
Do Jabba use generic maps?

Sounds like custom may be a good idea, Jabba are a big company and if they say it causes problems it might be worth taking it into account!

Jabba do custom maps mate, Mike spent about four hours with my car on the rollers tweeking the map.

DaveMK^ said:
So are they saying no because of the condition of your car or because of the model it is? I have a 210bhp S3 registered in 2001, Does this mean im gonna have the same problems?

the condition of my car is fine no problems its just the early models they dont like doing cos they cant get the fuleing right. nothing to do with the condition of my car

ChriS3 said:
I'd also agree with this. Jabba are a highly reputable tuner and a vast amount of experience. If they say no to doing it there's probably a good reason, afterall to them its £500 for 30 mins work.

er about 4 hours roller work!!

They do generic softer maps for about £350. They take 30 mins or so!

I am wondering if they had difficulty understanding the original poster like we did (no offence fella) and just tried to put him off. But the early cars do have different ecus so maybe there si a problem. Jabba mapped my 99 agu 18t very sucessfully though! ! !

So with mine being a 2001 / 210bhp is that gonna be different to yours or the same?

My car is a 99 V and has been Revo'd had no fuelling issues and just coming up to 64K. Ask around!!

Hi Guy's

Lets put this to bed once and for all !!

Ok some tuners (most ) use 3rd party flashing/writing tools.

Dimsport for example (who jabba uses ) will not flash early 512k ecu's (early s3/tt etc).

Exactly the same story with APR , but at least they can be bothered to fit a chip !!.

This means pulling out the ecu and doing a physical chip swap (soildering)

The only other reason some tuners do not like tuning this ecu is its lack of wideband , pure lasyness .

NO reason at all why you should not tune a 512k ecu type. (early s3/tt)

Cheers

James JBS