Indicators not working

Bula_82

Self Confessed Nightmare!
Reaction score
i have a really odd fault with the A3.

when i indicate, the green arrow comes on as it should, and the indicator, err, indicates as it should. this will only last a few seconds when the indicator arrow stops flashing and it doesn't flash at the side repeater or the headlight either.

this happens both left and right - sometimes it doesn't work at all

the hazzards work fine though.

any thoughts? its driving me mad, i feel like a bit of a danger with no indicators!
:crying:

Sounds to me like the hazard switch m8, im sure it has a relay in it for the indicators. See if you can borrow one to try.

the same thing happened on my sisters audi a3, identical symptons, got a hazard switch from ash_s3, swapped it and its fine now, i think one is about 30gbp from audi, and a 5 min job if you have radio extraction keys and know where the screws and clips are for the center console cover, hope this helps

Aaaaaaaaaaaah yeah I remember now.

Several people have had the same problem and yes, as above, Hazard switch.

Its the hazard relay, common problem.....

lol @ dave!

Thanks guys, i'll get that looked into :icon_thumright:

James333 said:
and a 5 min job if you have radio extraction keys and know where the screws and clips are for the center console cover, hope this helps

before i start ripping the console apart, i cant find my haynes atm, but is there any guide to exactly where it is once the front is off? i have extraction keys so that part wont be an issue.

thanks

sorry, a guide to where what is???:icon_thumright:

James333 said:
sorry, a guide to where what is???:icon_thumright:

and know where the screws and clips are for the center console cover, hope this helps

which screws amd clips which need to come out.

i am a bit simple when it comes to fixing stuff and where as some people are happy to rip stuff apart, i like to know ecaxtly what im doing.

i found haynes and they show cup holders, which i dont have, and not many other details :think:

voorhees - thanks, that link is for indicators that are ticking randomly, mine arent working at all.

really sorry, cant remember where the clips are, its been a while since i did it, however, i just took my time and looked carefully, you can sort of feel where there is less flex so theres a clip beneath and thats where you want to pull, i went in blind and managed to do it without breaking anything so i can only suggest the same thing unless other ppl can reply with a more useful answer!! even though very vague, hope this helps a bit