AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Pro Boost Beauty....

Time for a bit of a rant.....

I recently bought a 210 S3, 50k hard driven miles and standard(Forge DV 007). I Am happy enough with its performance, not mindblowingly quick, gut renching stopping power or rail like handling, but nice, progressive power and overall a nice place to be!

Having previously owned several Honda Type R's, a Golf GTi's(MK3) and a Mitsubishi EVO i thought I knew the benefits of higher octane fuel. The price of the 99/100 RON recently has gone insane(not as bad in Ireland i might add) so therefore i tend to be tight and stick with run of the mill 95 RON.

After speaking to my local REVO dealer,who suggested that high Octane fuel makes a considerable difference to the 1.8T VAG unit, I decided to buy some Fuchs Pro Boost additive.

Well...... 200 miles later and i cannot wipe the smile off my face. I mean, night and day difference!!! Never before did i notice SUCH a difference, even with the EVO being way more aggressive than the S3.

Throttle respone is noticably quicker, the motor revs more freely and power is delivered with much more aggression......

Has anyone else had any experience with Octane Boost additives?
    2001 S3 210
    Black
    Forge 007 DV
    Rebuilding Depleted Funds for Remap

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    I run on v-power and yes noticed it and never will go back to standard petrol.
    Octane boost additives on the other hand did nothing at all!

In two minds

Status
    Tesco 99 SUL for, used to be fan of V-Power but the price is now beyond the joke, cant say I noticed any difference as I have always used it
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    Millers octane booster is good stuff, definate noticable difference with my car before I had it mapped for the second time.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern
    Millers octane booster is good stuff, definate noticable difference with my car before I had it mapped for the second time.
    second person who's mentioned that stuff and said good things recently so must be the real deal.
    Tesco super isn't on tap here

Aky
    Aky

Status
    How much is octane booster? does it out weigh the cost of V-Power at 109.9/L?

Monkey Trainer

Status
    Mine lurrrves V-power, seems a bit lumpy on Tesco...but maybe that's just me. Luckily there's an indepedant Shell dealer near me who doesn't take the piss with fuel price, filled up a few days ago with V-power for 102.9p. Still mega pricey when thinking back to a few years ago!
    A3 1.8TQS: Supersport Springs and Shocks, Xenons, BMC Filter, 18" OEM TTV6's, Bailey DV, N75J and Phase 1 Custom Code.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Aky
    How much is octane booster? does it out weigh the cost of V-Power at 109.9/L?
    http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.p...=m1b42s26p1390
    Errmmm I ain't good with maths but I don't think so Matt
    How come our V-power is 108 and am south of you!?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    second person who's mentioned that stuff and said good things recently so must be the real deal.
    Tesco super isn't on tap here

I've tried Tescos 99RON stuff in one tank, which included a rolling road session at PowerEngineering. Did feel a bit more aggressive higher up the rev range, and made more exhaust noise, but showed nothing on the rolling road, average power really. Usual stuff is V-power.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Aky
    Aky

Status
    Looks like I'm being robbed, either that or up in Bradford we have loads of Subarus which need v-power so they charge what they like. Either way I'm feeling a tad pissed off!

5th Gear

Status
    I use http://www.petrolprices.com/ Its very usefull, free to sign-up and you just tap in your post code and it finds the cheapest petrol stations for you!

Ash
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels