PIC REQUEST: A3's with S3 bumpers

mikeypur

Reaction score
Anyone got any pics of A3's with S3 front / rear bumpers... been reading on here that they WILL fit on, despite the flared arches on the S3?

Also any further info on fitting them and best place to source them would be great..

thanks in advance,

Mikey

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

beeitch said:
It has taken a lot of work (mainly side skirts), but this "project" deserves it.

Looks gr8 mate, especially with the S3 skirts, when i fitted the bumpers to my old A3 (Danclarkes 1) i remember spending hours trimming the brackets, nipping & plastic welding the bumpers just to get it as near best as i could.

A right pain in the 'arris tho

hi guys what have you got to do to the bumpers to fit nice, im about to buy the s3 bumpers for my a3

cheers chris

chris's audi said:
hi guys what have you got to do to the bumpers to fit nice, im about to buy the s3 bumpers for my a3

As i said mate, a bit of a nightmare but worth it when its done.

Obviously the S3 is wider than the A3 by roughly (i know some1 will point out im wrong) an inch both sides if not a tad more, for the front i had to use genuine S3 bumper brackets trimmed down and remounted as when i offered them up to the wing, the holes were different.

Both front and rear bumpers needed little slim v shaped cuts out of them on the corners. I did this to get the shape and bring the bumper in a bit then plastic welded them up.

If i can remember rightly, the rear went pretty much on ok, the only problem as i can remember was the wheel arch liner being an A3 one was a bit shorter. But having spent £11000 on it, i decided to modify the original ones and save myself some money.

Hope this helps you a bit.

I always wonder about that Sam as you've said before that you didnt need the S3 rails, i quite honestly dont know how the bumper sits like it does on your car as on mine when i had an s3 bumper on only with the s3 rails, trimmed a little as freebie said did it fit properly. Without them it was sitting well wide of the wings.

That said it only took me about half an hour to do the whole lot.