Anyone looking for a S3 avoid this one.

Jez, honestly, our first, gut instincts can be wonderful things....:no:

Is this legal to do? mileage correction and then knowingly advertising and selling it with the new mileage and not disclosing the correction?

He should be reported...:asskicking:

What a ****, he needs shopping to the police, someone else will only end up being ****** over like i was.

The problem is, even if he is reported he always has the 'it wasnt me, i didnt know it was clocked' excuse - there isn't really much that can be done about it other than to warn other people off the car.

not only that, it takes the **** out of those trying to sell honest cars for a respectable amount too.

He's basically selling it below trade in price.

its not warranted mileage. its easy possible to see what its really done, or at leas that it has gone wobbly. UNless this guy ACTALLY clocked it, he has actually done nothing wrong.
Now he may well knwo its not legit mileage, hence his low price, but again buy on condition not what's on the closk. May still be a decent buy for someone so long as they knwo its done a few.

simch said:
its not warranted mileage. its easy possible to see what its really done, or at leas that it has gone wobbly. UNless this guy ACTALLY clocked it, he has actually done nothing wrong.
Now he may well knwo its not legit mileage, hence his low price, but again buy on condition not what's on the closk. May still be a decent buy for someone so long as they knwo its done a few.

I don't know what all the fuss is about sometimes, he certainly isn't the 1st one to sell a clocked car, and won't be the last for sure....
Main thing is that WE know about the car, and hopefully, anyone looking to part with £8k of their hard earned will be smart enough to do a HPI check before purchasing and see the information for themselves. It has to be noted that HPI checks are not always 100% also, but in this instance, it's £25 well spent.

thing is if he is informed via the police and he sells it on still at £8k and 45k miles after knowing it is clocked, whether he did it or not he is liable.

I was going to look at that one as its only down the road from mine. The guy doesnt answer his land line or mobile. Hows he still in business?
I bought one from lancaster in the end but thats playing up after a remap!

PHEW!!!!

I knew it was too good to be true, i told the missus about this one last week and she was like we are busy this weekend, so wa cant go and see it, a good thing we were busy, otherwise i might've ended up going to see it, however i was dubious about it, as it has been there for a couple of weeks now, and with that mileage at that price, i was surprised it hadnt been snapped up a long time ago....well now i know why!!!