Very Sad day, just watched the S3 drive off into the sunset

Stewart

Reaction score
Website
www.oreton.com
Well, the S3 has gone, watched it drive off up my road with it's new owner at the wheel, felt pretty emotional which I have never been apart from one other car.
It's gone to a good home, a fellow dub enthusiast from bonny Scotland, not too far from Glen.

In it's place he left a shiny red LCR, 2 wheel drive, 5 doors and a bigger boot :(

You won't be dissapointed in the LCR, I had one for 2 1/2 years and it was the best car I'd owned, I would still consider another one now.
Good luck with it:icon_thumright:

Well i must say he has brought a really well sorted S3, Hope you have as much fun with the LCR,

Gotta admit I love your car history, MK4 Golf, S3 and now a Leon.
All with 20V Turbo and all based roughly on the same chassis.:icon_thumright:

Stewart said:
In it's place he left a shiny red LCR, 2 wheel drive, 5 doors and a bigger boot :(

Daft question but what is a 'LCR'?

Sorry to read you're S3's gone mate; but welcome to the sensible club all the same! :beerchug:

All the best mate,

Rob.

torque steer here you come
Stu

The LCR's are suprisingly quick. Once you're used to the torque steer, they're pretty good fun.

So your car's heading up this way? Anyone we know?

Torque steer? Blimey your not kiddin!

Understeer?!? I'd forgotten what REAL understeer is like, gonna have to play with the geo :(
I nearly went off the road tonight on a bend that the S3 wouldn't even flinch at, had me thinking had I made the right decision :(

It's not up to Audi build quality by a long chalk IMHO.

Pic here :-
http://www.oreton.com/images/cars/lcr/the_leon.jpg

You might recognise it Chris :)

vanilla_ice said:
Hi Stewart,

Did you put the car back to standard in the end?

[VULTURE]Any mods for sale?[/VULTURE]

ICE
No, apart from my Recaro Speeds, Porsche Brake setup and Neuspeed quick shift he got the lot, a well sorted S3 :)

jesters3 said:
Leon Cupra R..

..so why the switch to a 2WD?

I wouldn't voluntarily go back to 4WD but baby is due imminently and I didnt want any more added stress of having a small car.

In fact her waters have just broke lol.

Jaywoo_A3 said:
Well i must say he has brought a really well sorted S3, Hope you have as much fun with the LCR,

Gotta admit I love your car history, MK4 Golf, S3 and now a Leon.
All with 20V Turbo and all based roughly on the same chassis.:icon_thumright:

Cheers Jay, where do i go from here? I'm missing the S3 already but practicalities needs must so i'll stick with the Leon for a while...

3.2 Ju said:
You won't be dissapointed in the LCR, I had one for 2 1/2 years and it was the best car I'd owned, I would still consider another one now.
Good luck with it:icon_thumright:

You wouldn't miss the Quattro then? I miss it already and makes me realise how much i used and relied on it.

Nice one!!

At least the water did not break on your new seats! Good luck to you both! (all!)

Stewart said:
I'll say bye for now because I think we're off to hospital shortly, next time I post i'll be a daddy!

I'm 6 weeks from today to post the same :)

Good luck and congrats to the new family.

:applaus:

simch said:
Nice one!!

At least the water did not break on your new seats! Good luck to you both! (all!)

Had already prepared for that, had the snap on seat cover on lol.

Well, they have broken but because the babies head is so far down it's basically plugging the hole lol, so it's only a trickle at the mo.

She's watching shameless and giggles are mingled with shouts of pain lol.

I'm loving it, got the car sorted, insured it, we went out, got a Madras, sat down, ate it, had a shower, waters broke. Perfect, casualty is ********, it doesnt happen like that :p

Should you not be at the hospital!

I womt tell you how fast we did getting to the hospital last july for our little un!
Went first, they said in labour, go home, all ok, 30 mins after getting home, wife got suddenly sick (vomming!!) and in a lot of pain, no respite from contractiions! Let's just say all 350hp was used to good effect! I was crapping myself it had all gone wrong, but all was normal and our little girl is a treasure! !

You will enjoy the evening that is for sure!

OMG good luck Stewart! all the best to your missus :icon_thumright:

She doesn't want to go to hospital until absolutely necessary, she hates the place!

Not much pain and no contractions to speak of yet so no rush :)

good luck with stewart jr, hope it all goes well

Stewart said:
You wouldn't miss the Quattro then? I miss it already and makes me realise how much i used and relied on it.
Suppose the thing about Quattro is you forget it's there till you don't have it, but I also think it steralises the driving experience a bit.

The LCR felt so much more alive, but then mine had a fair bit of work coilies,anti roll bars,remapped etc. Having said all that I would say it was the weelspin that contributed to me getting the Audi. Will still always have fond memories though

Good luck with the birth and Congratulations

New car looks sweet by the way, Don't normally like aftermarket alloys on the LCR but they do suit it:icon_thumright:

Hi mate. I had 2 LCR's pre the S3.

If it hasn't had it done already change the dog bone mount bushes. I believe you can get them from Neuspeed and Westec in Newport an get another brand (but its the full mount).

I strut braced both of mine with an OE S3 Mk1 brace. You have to bend the bonnet lifter location point slightly but its a good mod for the car.

A mate ran Bilstein coilovers and it transformed the car. The OE kit is over hard and can bounce across country roads if they are pot holey.

Aside the above details it is a car I absolutely love. Personally I think it was the best car based on the Golf 4 platform as although it doesn't have the prestige of the Mk1 S3, I found it more exciting to drive. I preferred the S3 to look at / to drive in bad weather, but SEAT really got it right with this car. With a Forge intercooler, DV, a remap and some suspension tuning its a joy to own, with 4 doors a big boot (which I really miss). I'd have another one tomorrow!

Best of luck with the new baby - who's the daddy now ;-)

warrencox said:
Best of luck with the new baby - who's the daddy now ;-)

ME !!!

Baby boy, 7lb 8oz popped his head out at 4.35am this morning. AMAZING experience! :d

Baby seat already in the Leon lol, mum and son coming home in a few hours.

Say hello to the noisy little ****** :)

jj.jpg

THIS MORNING!! Thats a long labour!! Congrats, he looks excitred to be here, that's for sure!!

CONGRATULATIONS Stew
Welcome to the world of ****** nappies,snotty noses and sleepless nights

Many congrats mate, cracking little screamer :icon_thumright:

Stewart said:
In fact her waters have just broke lol.

Love it, waters broke and you're posting!...If that was my mrs I'd be well into proper panic stations
:applaus: :respekt:

Congratulations to you and all the family mate! Best wishes to you all! :beerchug:

New car looks very tidy bud; and your son looks like a little star! ...So is he gonna be called Leon? :laugh:

I guess you're going to be an even busier chap from here on in, but if you're around the office before I leave, get them to shout out the back for me and I'll take you for a shandy to wet his head!

All the best mate!

Rob.

congratulations bud, all the for the future:icon_thumright:

Congratulation Stewart! best of luck with the new addition(s) to the family.

Congrats!! All the best to your family. It sure as hell is an experience isn't it, did you cry? I sure as hell did!! Got my next child due in a few weeks so round two of sh!tty nappies and 2 hourly feeding - enjoy!

On the Leon looks good, problem we had was the boot just ain't that big enough. In the end we traded it in for Skoda VRS, same engine but a forking huge boot!!