Setting MPH2

Seizure

Reaction score
How do guys.

I've checked this forum using the search and even googled it, but I can't find out how to set, or more accurately, turn off the MPH2 warning.

Mines currently set for about 65mph, which means driving cross country I am contantly bombarded with that annoying beep.

I know it tells you how to do it in the user manual, but due to my car being a conversion, I don't have one. So would someone be kind enough to explain to me how to do it on here?

Oh, the donor vehicle was a 2001 car, if that makes any differrence.

Cheers

With the ignition switched off press the test button for the auto-check feature. then press it again and hold for at least two seconds, then you can change it using the up and down buttons on the wiper stalk or if you hold the reset button on the wiper stalk and the MPH2 logo should cross-out.

Hope this helps

Ash

Just press the button! I bet your Mk2 is pretty fast then! Is it a standard S3 or have you had it remaped too?

Cheers Ash! Where is the test button for the auto-check feature though?

Aky - I'd love to "just press the button" LOL!! But, cos I'm not running ABS in my car, it just constantly flashes a big exclamation mark at me and doesn't seem to acknowledge anything I do with the DIS. Next job on the list is to work out how to turn that off. The car is pretty quick, yeah. :) Only ever run at 210, although it has been REVO'd, but I've never turned it up. Traction is my main issue and even running the standard map it breaks traction in 3rd, usually just as your overtaking a car at 80 ish. But, the upside is I'm not draggin all the Haldex gear around with me which means the DIS is reporting an average of 38mpg. Goes up into the 40s if I treat it nicely.

You have 2 knobs on the S3 clocks, the right one resets your miles (trip) and the left one does the auto check, checks brake lights, oil level etc etc..

Once I'd cracked the whole "not having the ignition on" bit, then that worked a treat!

Cheers