Quattro power distribution

JamesA3

Reaction score
Does the quattro system deliver even power to all wheels, I know the 911 turbo has a major bias to the rear wheels and I wondered how the quattro delivers power

From what I've "heard" its the same for the S3. I think the split is 40/60 (R/F). But don't quote me on that.

I thought it was prodominately 100% FWD until it sensed slippping then it can transfer upto 50% to the rears.

[ QUOTE ]
Hopsta said:
I thought it was prodominately 100% FWD until it sensed slippping then it can transfer upto 50% to the rears.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe you've got it Hopsta /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IIRC the Haldex "System" is designed to allow from 99:1 all the way to 1:99, however Audi programs their's as such. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I think the idea was to allow AWD, yet still provide for good mileage and lessen mechanical wear.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

mm, isn't newer Quattros all-time AWDs, while there were produced some older-Quattros with haldex system also. At least Audi keeps marketing their solution all-time AWD, instead of part-time.

- Yak

Yak, what I think they mean by all-time AWD is that the system is always active and transparent to the driver, as opposed to 4WD systems where it needs to be selected, either by a shifter, or a button. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif