I want to swap my Carbonio for standard...

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
I currently have a Carbonio CAI on the car, and since the remap, and because I have a very free flowing system anyway, its very very loud.

In fact most people assume its the 3.2 instead of the 1.8

I want a quieter car, what with the decat as well the noise is doing my head in. I want a standard airbox.

Does anyone with a 1.8T want to swap their standard airbox for a Carbonio?

All I ask is that you come to me to do the swap so I'm not without an airbox, and that the airbox has a decent filter in it (or you give me £45 to be able to buy a green cotton one). I require the airbox and the pipes leading to/from (everything thats removed when you fit a carbonio)

In return I give you my carbonio and filter, plus some filter cleaning nonsense.

I'm in Reading, Berkshire.

Anyone interested?

EDIT - Obviously as the Carbonio terminates in the wheel well, S3 owners need not apply unless they have a FMIC, but standard 1.8T owners will be fine.

I live in Manchester if you ever come up this way!

I have an A4 if its the same parts!

No, only the Seat Leon 2WD, Golf Mk4 1.8T and Audi A3 1.8T airboxes are the same.

And I wont travel to do it, as obviously the Carbonio is 'worth' WAY more than a standard airbox so I'm not going to put myself out.

I would of sorted you out obviously but its irrelevent by the the looks of things.

Cheers

Ah does it.

In which case the donor car would also need to be an AGU.

So fairly specific then!

Dave,

I think i still have everything in my garage, i live pretty close to you.

Changed from standard to a BMC welcome to the standard to swap for carbonio if you want..

Jason

Hi Jason, If you do have everything then thats something we could do if you want.

Note that I require if to already have a non paper filter, or £45 so I can go get one....

Let me know via PM if you want to do this...

dave just to let you know there is a green cotton panel filter for sale in classifieds for £40