Audi Broke - Hire drive, New TDi

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
Me car broke down (shuddering, but not Coilpack? - now at Reading Audi - Gulp!), but I have a TDI in it's place. Thought it might be of interest to feedback on this new Golf. (45 miles on the clock)

• It's crap, love the Glow at night, but everything else is just too predictable, boring and strangely noisy (engine, tyre noise etc) for a modern and rather expensive car. :no:
Verdict, stick with Audi (if I ever get mine back)! :ermm:

Clach

I tell you what I forgot to mention, and is the best bit of the car. There are two red (laser-type) lights that are embedded in the interior (over head) lights, which make the gearstick glow red. Could this be an easy mod on the A3!!!?

hmmm I have a S3 and a mk5 golf TDI and tbh the golf is vry impressive. I drove one with 8 miles on the clock and it was aweful but now with 16k on this one its v good.

Handles well for what it is, brakes are poor when pushing it but pick up and go are good .... then theres the 45 mpg av :)

Just my opinion...But the wee red light in the reading light console are magic!!!

"Just my opinion...But the wee red light in the reading light console are magic!!!"

Ahh, the simple things in life are sometimes the best......:thumbsup:

was it a 2ltr or 1.9 ??? also which model as anything below the new sport (old gt model spec ) im not keen on the flat seats

1.9! For me the layout was just a wee bit uninspiring...too functional.