couple of Q's

SDO

Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm new to the site and in need of help. i've got a problem with my drivers side brake lights. it keeps saying i've got a bulb out i've swaped it once and it came up again so tried the bulb in the passenger side and it was fine. it's not all the time some times it'l work other time it doesn't. Is this a common fault.

Also i can't find my dianostic port i need to clear some problems but can't find out where it is.

last i can't for the love of me get my stereo out i've tried the keys but there pants. is there any secrets of getting them out.

any help is appreciated

Possibly the contact where the bulb sits are slightly furred. Give the area a quick rub with some sand paper or a key. Try a new bulb maybe.

Pre face lift diag port is under the ashtray in the centre console. Post face lift port is under the dash in the area of the headlight switch. Port should be pink in colour.

You don't have to use the audi keys specifically. Any thin object will work. If I remember correctly, you insert the keys at angle pointing slightly outwards and then lever the key end inwards.

i had similar problem, but it was just a dodgy bulb

Gonna have a look at the weekend but still can't find the port mines a pre face lift but under the ashtray is the light

Okay, if pre facelift.

Run your hand on the tray in the centre console to the back of that area. You will see rectangular cover. Remove this and the port will be revealed.