Creaking from the rear but not ARBS

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Hi

had the creaking thing happen from the rear nearside on the latest S3 - good as gold straight down the garage - rear arbs replaced

*cough* - er still creaking

What else could this be - it sounds identical to the creaking I had on the last 2 which was solved in both cases with the new bushes

Could it be the bush at the top of the rear suspension ?

I was that paranoid I had to empty all the gubbins from the boot and drive over a few humps to make sure it wasnt something rolling around in the back

rear suspension arm failure is looming!
The inboard bushes seize up and then the welds fail on the arms and the wheel pretty much falls off!! get them replaced asap!

how many miles and age would help too.

Loosen the rear link arms and grease them up well. The rubber drys up that is cased inthe metal casuing it to squeek

I would agree with Mo-S3, I had creaking from the rear of my car a few months back. I sorted it out by greasing up all the rear joints/bushes and that seemed to solve the noise problem. I did eventually change all the arb bushes because they were getting too old and that helped with the handling. Hope it ain't your suspension arm

Yikes - supsension arm !

61000 miles and its now exactly 6 years old

For mine even after chaning ALL the bushes on the rear for the powerflex ones it ended up being the captive ones actually in the hub creaking away, APS were pretty sure they are the ones that when they seize the tie bars snap.