Audi S3 protective seat cover

Jaywoo_A3

Reaction score
I am in the early stages of conversation with a recaro supplier (recommended by recaro at the Autosports show) about designing and producing a taylor made Audi S3 protective seat cover.
I do not have a price for these yet but will be below £40 pounds each,

Would anybody be interested in one of these to protect there seats?

ye i would be interested. was about to get one of those cheap ones from halfrauds, but think i will wait to see if you can get them made.

Interested, do you know if there will fit both old and new s3 recaro's?

Thnaks

funnily enough ive been looking for some the past few days, looked at snap-on ones but they seem a bit slidey on the leather

Count me in!!

would they still allow the seat airbags to work properly?

is the recommended supplier Capital Seating in Leicester?

I have a snap on one atm and it just doesnt fit, at the min they are only taliking about 8L chasis seat covers,
Yes Jon, it is capital seating, they have asked for my car for 1 day to make the design and they would not charge me the setting up fee as they usually would, he quoted me £37.50 for the cover.

I set up a group buy with them a couple of years ago for some Integra Type R covers. They are really nice guys. I was actually thinking recently of approaching them to ask as i've never seen a decent S3 Recaro cover. I think they would sell quite a few to be honest.

Like I said before though I'd be a bit dubious about the seat airbag deployment with one of these fitted, it would be good to hear there views on that

jonS3 said:
I set up a group buy with them a couple of years ago for some Integra Type R covers. They are really nice guys. I was actually thinking recently of approaching them to ask as i've never seen a decent S3 Recaro cover. I think they would sell quite a few to be honest.

Like I said before though I'd be a bit dubious about the seat airbag deployment with one of these fitted, it would be good to hear there views on that

I asked audi about a seat cover for the S3 and the whole reason they dont make them is because of the seat airbags.
Id rather protect my nice leathers though!!

Ash

is it just me that thinks safety is a bit more important :uhm:

It will look very similar to this that they they produce for the Reacro integra seats as Jon said.
93c7_1.jpg

pointless really i think, £40 per seat,

you buy the car to enjoy the leather, same reason why people by leather sofas, to enjoy the comfort

theres excellent products out there which keep the leather nice and clean and protects it, so bit confused to why to cover them which looks like a big bag lol

just my honest opinion

i would consider one as im a hgv mechanic and have alacantra interior which went oil etc gets on it is a ******* to get clean

on alcantara maybe, but on full leather WTF!!

How about getting them to make one with cutouts around the airbags on the seats. You ciould also tuck it in around the airbag, on the s3 they are seperate items with a join you could hide the fabric in.

oh yea forgot about alcantra seats, maybe it would work for them but not the leathers