help please? going to have a look at this a3 1.8t, advice please

MoAudi1.8T

Reaction score
alrite ppl,

im interested in going to have a look at this a3 1.8 t. is it reasonably prices?????

is 122k to high mileage????

any advice would be much appreciated

cheers

mo

unless I'm missing something like a link to an add what are you talking about?

depends on condition if it's been well looked after and done a lot of motorway miles 122k won't be a problem, however there will be a lot of things that will have needed replacing / will need replacing if they haven't been already IMO.

If it drives well and has a good history there's no reason not to buy it.

It looks ok but personally id rather buy something with less mileage thats just me though.

Those wheels that are on it are fugly though.

Up to you though i guess, id rather have a facelift if it was me.

Jason

wouldn't buy it.

high mileage, low spec

paid £4100 for a 1.8TS W reg (2000) about a year ago

only had 5k on it. FASH

Did the 1999 models come with traction control? I'm not sure my 2000 1.8T Sport has it.

How badly do you need to get a car? I would save about 1k more to get into a facelift model.

I would prefer to look privately as you may get some bargains especially at this time of year.

i need it quite soon to get to work and back. id prefer the facelift but dont mind as i will be fitting facelift parts to it anyway.

i wouldnt mind getting a facelift on finance but by putting a large deposit down and spread the remaining 1000-1500 on finance but being 19 i dont think ill get accepted even though my credit rating is 896out of 1000 according to experian.:)

wt do u guys think???

cheers mo:rtfm:

Can you facelift the dash?

I know nothing about credit ratings but they seem to give anyone a loan. I normally advise against loans but you would get a lot less miles & a year or 2 newer for 1 - 1.5k more.

that if you knew the work involved and the sheer amount of beneficial subtle differences to the facelift....you'd go facelift everytime.... dash materials changed, centre console different, one piece headlights that require cutting of the body if you fit onto an older model, different rear lights, drive by wire after 1999, maybe dif turbo? diff front seats, side repeaters(wings), etc etc etc the list goes on not including a lot of parts under the skin, you might aswell buy facelft now and save the heart ache