Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Diverter Valve Question

Ok, this has probably been discussed before but I just want to know what advantages there are fitting an AmD Viper DV.
    I know it will create quicker throttle response but what about noise. My (chipped) S3 is the first turbo'd car I've owned and I don't think I've listened to the stereo yet cos I like the sound of the Dv [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Will the AmD noise level be any different. I don't want to scare any grannies but the sound is pretty addictive.

Cheers for any advice.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status

Re: Diverter Valve Question

I'd say it is about 15% to 20% louder than the BOSCH DV......not much really as its not an atmospheric version like a scobby for example

5th Gear

Status

I have no idea about the difference in noise because I changed the OEM DV for the AmD Viper DV as soon as I got my car! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif[/img]

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    H3MSY said:
    I know it will create quicker throttle response but what about noise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this has been discussed ad infinitum before.

1. It will not create a quicker throttle response, the lightweight diaphragm of the N derivative bosch will always respond more rapidly that the somewhat oversized aftermarket alloy piston.

2. The difference in noise is negligible - with the "ear of faith" you might tell the difference, but back to back in a blind trial you wouldn't notice

3. I would upgrade to an N version bosch. My experience would suggest it performs better than aftermarket, is cheaper, and more importantly doesn't break and send bits of itself into the intake system (yes there have been stories about aftermarket ones doing this). The bosch "may" be slightly less reliable than aftermarket - but hell they are only 20, so carry a spare!

Cheers

David

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    David R said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    H3MSY said:
    I know it will create quicker throttle response but what about noise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this has been discussed ad infinitum before.

1. It will not create a quicker throttle response, the lightweight diaphragm of the N derivative bosch will always respond more rapidly that the somewhat oversized aftermarket alloy piston.

2. The difference in noise is negligible - with the "ear of faith" you might tell the difference, but back to back in a blind trial you wouldn't notice

3. I would upgrade to an N version bosch. My experience would suggest it performs better than aftermarket, is cheaper, and more importantly doesn't break and send bits of itself into the intake system (yes there have been stories about aftermarket ones doing this). The bosch "may" be slightly less reliable than aftermarket - but hell they are only 20, so carry a spare!

Cheers

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Took the words right out of my mouth David [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]