Poor starting

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
My car seems to have had a new battery at some point, a Varta branded one..... when i start the car (seems slightly worse on colder mornings), its seems to struggle to start but always does....the kind of effect you'd get if the battery was low..... it always starts though without problem.... on the first turnover.....just worried incase one day it doesnt..... ive heard there are two starting sensors for this car....and if one of them has gone, then it will appear to struggle...... can anyone shed any light on this....due to have my 80k service at the end of the month so if its a hard part to replace, then i'd rather have it done then. Not tried removing the battery as havent got the radio code from Audi yet (any way of getting this without taking radio out?) and no lights show on the dash to indicate low voltage:keule:

My first place to look would be the battery mate, after you've got all the necessary bits and bobs check the levels and terminals arent corroded. No crunching noises?

Batteries fine.....it is a recent one aswell.... no corrosion..... this is what i cant work out.....it just seems to struggle on start up, bit slow turn over but starts first time

Does it sound like its starting on 3 cylinders? If so welcome to Voorhees and my club

i dont think it does......the starter motor sounds like its only just turning over....... glad it starts first time otherwise i could see it running out of puff......not happend yet which seems strange....flat battery normally charges or dies the colder it gets....and its always the same.....even started it with xenons on to take power out of batt..... but same diffference

oh and noticed another lil problem....if i turn my xenons straight on without waiting 4-5 seconds after start up, my drivers side doesnt light up....the DIS signifies bulb gone.....turn the lights of and on again, they are then fine...... grrrrrrrrrrr