Warped Discs?

S3 Jock

Reaction score
Car had genuine audi disc and pads (front) 20k miles ago fromt eh dealer and now there is pedal / steering wheel vibration when I brake.

There's still some meat on the pads, but is that a reasonable amount of time for the discs to last?

Looking at changing for standard type (ie nto upgrade) - anyone got any experience / opinions on the following brands:

FEBI
LOCKHEED / DELPHI
ATE

?

Cheers

I think most S3 owners without a big brake upgrade recommend Black Diamond grooved discs.

Yes, that seems fairly reasonable to me. Remember they are consumable parts and if your constantly slamming on the anchors so much so that they reach temperatures to warp then you'll end its life alot quicker. Stump up the cash matey!

I believe ATE is OEM and seem good quality for what they are, I've also got Delphi discs on the front and they seem okay and survived a trip around europe and a few laps of the ring. I don't think there would be any problems with any of the above to be honest. They're pretty cheap too so who cares if they warp etc. just buy new ones.