How do you remove the facia around the HU and heaters?

bouncer--daz

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!
Reaction score
How do you remove the facia around the HU and heaters? Mine is all scratched and looking tatty. So ive ordered a new one from audi at only £23. But how do you remove it without breaking anything?

Help would be appreciated

You'll need to remove the stereo and the ashtray. There will be torx head srews behind these. There are also two clip at the top, above the buttons, but the facia pulls out from them easily enough.

Might have to go and get myself one of them for £23. Mines seen better days too.

Good luck.

If your talking about the surround thats normally piano black on an S3, then it just pulls out. Feels a bit brutal, but it just clips in.

Im doing alot of work lately so i thought it was worth doing. Thanx alot for the download...very helpful!:icon_thumright:

off the back ofthis thread....think i know the answer but here goes..... 1 scartched button on my a/c unit, the minus symbol that turns the temp down.....replace the unit, replace the button or get some matt black paint and try my hand?...a womans had it and scratched the button grrrrrr.....annoyin the crap outa me...... although it is behind the gear stick so not the most noticeable of scratches

the buttons have a clear plastic ruberrised coating on them, like most of the buttons. They are really easily scratched, and look awful when they are.

Paint will look rubbish. Your only chance is to replace a single button from a donor part or replace the whole unit!

thought you'd say that lol, someone mentioned the paint, i said the same, didnt know whether anyone had had similar problems