EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

People with ipod or MP3 aux-in lead to headunit - where do you run the cable?

I've just got an aux in lead to run my mp3 player into my Symphony head unit on the CD changer connection.

Where do people run this wire to in the cabin? I'd like to get it out either in the ashtray or the little coin tray underneath - can this be done, will I need to cut or drill any dash to make it through?

Wondered where other people had run their wires to. I need to be able to reach the mp3 player, so can't go into the glovebox.

ta,
    Meza

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    I have my Dension Ipod link in the glovebox. Remove headunit to install wires and look for any little hole/space through you might find and pass the wire through there. Very discreet and out of view in the glovebox.

I wanted it the same as you want it- within reach but looked a bit messy for my liking.

Nothing cut or drilled

1st Gear

Status
    I have mine in the little compartment that is under the heater panel, cut a bit out the back and threaded it through. Nice and discreet and easy to get to.

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

Status
    I just happened to stumble across this:

http://audi-diy.blogspot.com/2007/10...-ipod-mod.html

The guy has made a good effort. Has anyone come up with an idea for the 8L A3/S3 yet?

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

Four Wheel Drifting

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by abdus
    I have my Dension Ipod link in the glovebox. Remove headunit to install wires and look for any little hole/space through you might find and pass the wire through there. Very discreet and out of view in the glovebox.

I wanted it the same as you want it- within reach but looked a bit messy for my liking.

Nothing cut or drilled
    I quite like the sound of that, have you got any pictures?
    Unmolested Ming blue S3 (so it doesn't handle or stop very well), Bose, sunroof and centre armrest but no heated seats - Gone but not forgotten although I am enjoying the new 350CLK!

PSN - S3hawkster

Four Wheel Drifting

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer--daz
    I just happened to stumble across this:

http://audi-diy.blogspot.com/2007/10...-ipod-mod.html

The guy has made a good effort. Has anyone come up with an idea for the 8L A3/S3 yet?
    Hmm, nice write up but it looks like it would get in the way there.
    Unmolested Ming blue S3 (so it doesn't handle or stop very well), Bose, sunroof and centre armrest but no heated seats - Gone but not forgotten although I am enjoying the new 350CLK!

PSN - S3hawkster

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotscar
    I quite like the sound of that, have you got any pictures?
    it's hidden, you won't see anything in the pics...:P

no, actually I can get you some pics of where I passed the cable though.

Status
    So do you guys just plug ur ipod in and leave it loose in the track or have in a holder... like a phone holder for example?

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

Now running on Heavy Oil

Status
    I've just got an FM transmitter for the pod, saves all the hassle and can put it anywhere then even outside in the summer!!
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few"

Churchill August 20th 1940

Status
    I have one of those aswell... but the sound quality was poor in comparison too using a cable . thats why ive switched over. Ive just bought a new facia and head unit so the whole lot is coming out and I will have a play around with ideas for where to run the cable.