People with ipod or MP3 aux-in lead to headunit - where do you run the cable?

Meza

Reaction score
I've just got an aux in lead to run my mp3 player into my Symphony head unit on the CD changer connection.

Where do people run this wire to in the cabin? I'd like to get it out either in the ashtray or the little coin tray underneath - can this be done, will I need to cut or drill any dash to make it through?

Wondered where other people had run their wires to. I need to be able to reach the mp3 player, so can't go into the glovebox.

ta,
Meza

I have my Dension Ipod link in the glovebox. Remove headunit to install wires and look for any little hole/space through you might find and pass the wire through there. Very discreet and out of view in the glovebox.

I wanted it the same as you want it- within reach but looked a bit messy for my liking.

Nothing cut or drilled :)

I have mine in the little compartment that is under the heater panel, cut a bit out the back and threaded it through. Nice and discreet and easy to get to.

abdus said:
I have my Dension Ipod link in the glovebox. Remove headunit to install wires and look for any little hole/space through you might find and pass the wire through there. Very discreet and out of view in the glovebox.

I wanted it the same as you want it- within reach but looked a bit messy for my liking.

Nothing cut or drilled :)
I quite like the sound of that, have you got any pictures?

Hotscar said:
I quite like the sound of that, have you got any pictures?

it's hidden, you won't see anything in the pics...:p

no, actually I can get you some pics of where I passed the cable though. :)

So do you guys just plug ur ipod in and leave it loose in the track or have in a holder... like a phone holder for example?

I've just got an FM transmitter for the pod, saves all the hassle and can put it anywhere then even outside in the summer!!

I have one of those aswell... but the sound quality was poor in comparison too using a cable:sadlike: . thats why ive switched over. Ive just bought a new facia and head unit so the whole lot is coming out and I will have a play around with ideas for where to run the cable.:think: