Mapping for 1.8T (150bhp)

Mr OCD

Obsessive Car Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.obsessivecardetailing.co.uk
Hi Guys...

Not even got the new car yet but I want it mapped the day I buy it... :)

Whats recommended for this model of A3?

I was looking at the AMD or REVO map as they reckon 50-60bhp / 60-80lbft increase...

Does this sound right? - Seems a hell of a lot for a basic remap!!! :yes:

you will get to only 190-192 bhp if it is a K03

210bhp if it is a k03s

Mr OCD said:
KO3 > 1996 to 2000

KO3s > 2000 on?

I am assuming that the preface lift 1.8 Turbo sport came with the KO3?

How would I find this out, as mine is a W reg, March 2000 I think?

Cheers,

Clach :icon_thumright:

Interested to know this info also, mine is a facelift A4 180BHP on a 2000, pretty sure its a K03s but never found out how to check for sure?

Depends where your based really just a basic stage 1 map wont be much different from all the tuners.

Price does vary though, Just dont go with a Crappy ebay jobby!

With a few mods FMIC etc the K03S can see 250 BHP thats what im hoping for.

I have a Prefacelift A3 with a K03 Turbo AGU engine I havnt had it RR'D but with a Custom map and a few other mods im around the 200 mark.

My advice is to get an A3 with a K03S turbo on it.

It's adding up all the parts ive bought etc.

Im Using Jabba to do all the work on mine if that helps?

Cheers

A3_Turbo said:
Depends where your based really just a basic stage 1 map wont be much different from all the tuners.

My cousin does ECU upgrades and has offered to do the A3... he has done loads but not too sure if should let him loose on the A3... he is a Superchips distributor... :sadlike:

Superchips are fine, if he's doing it for next to nothing or free i'd go with that

Mr OCD said:
So as long as I check the engine code isnt AGU then it should be a KO3s turbo?

If I do that then will get 200bhp from a basic remap without any other mods.

posted the message below on another thread...wonder what you guys have to say about this.

I went to buy an Air filter from Audi huddersfield and got chatting to one of the staff there and according to him both the AUM and AGU engines have the same turbo??!!

Is the AUM easier to remap than the AGU? WHat other advantages should and AUM have over the AGU.

Jay said:
I went to buy an Air filter from Audi huddersfield and got chatting to one of the staff there and according to him both the AUM and AGU engines have the same turbo??!!

Is the AUM easier to remap than the AGU? WHat other advantages should and AUM have over the AGU.

The guy is either lying, or hasnt got a clue....

The agu engine has the ko3 turbo, with a larger port head, and ev6 fitment smaller injectors.

The AUM engine has the ko3S turbo, and a smaller port head with Ev12 fitment injectors.

AGU is a much more simple engine, running just a MAF sensor, and has a cable throttle. :whip:

the AUM has both MAF and MAP sensors, and runs a drive by wire throttle

Personally, I dont like the feel of the drive by wire throttles, and much prefer the AGU engine, but thats because I like 50 year old mini engines, which are nice and simple :)

Oh, also, the AGU has technically 'stronger' internals, running 20mm gudgeon pins instead of 19mm pins on all subsequent engines

Prawn said:
Oh, also, the AGU has technically 'stronger' internals, running 20mm gudgeon pins instead of 19mm pins on all subsequent engines

So in English what advantages does the AUM (ko3s) engine have over the AGU (ko3)?
Also what can be expected from an AUM after having it remapped.

MORE POWER :D

although a simple remap on an AUM cant release it all, for reference, the ko3 runs out of puff at 190bhp, although some CLAIM to have made 200.
a ko3S will run out of power at 250bhp, although again, some CLAIM to have made 260hp....

Either way you look at it, at the limit, the ko3S is good for around 60bhp more than the ko3. hence why a ko3S equipped car will easily map to a much higher figure.

200bhp is easily possible from just a remap, with some companies claiming to hit 210bhp with no other mods.

Mr OCD said:
Anyone interested in mapping by ChippedUK?

My cousin is an authorised dealer ... didnt know this till spoke to him this morning :icon_thumright:

Can get tidy discounts I reckon... :respekt:

Cool, who is your cousin, just be nice to know as I get a lot of enquiries on the other sites for dealers up your way. PM me his details and I send some work his way.

Cheers, Mark