Fuel Filler Necks

grathies

More Points Than Portsmouth FC
Reaction score
Is it only my S3 thats a ******* nightmare to refuel?!

Everytime I go to the petrolstation I end up swearing and coming away feeling ****** off with the car. I dont mind the price for fuel, Id just like to be able to get the ******* stuff into my fuel tank!

Any station round here, Super or Normal Unleaded... Put £20 in from empty and then every 50p-£1 worth the nozzle 'clicks' out on safety mode. So its release handle, press... CLICK. Repeated several times, Ive tried pushing it in more or holdinging it pretty much on the edge, doesnt seem to matter the fuel just doesnt drain quick enough.

In the end I got so frustrated with it I just gave up and left it at just over 3/4 of a tank and bought an AutoTrader Im that fedup with it everytime I have to put fuel in it.

Does anyone know if Audi have superseeded their S3 fueltanks? As thier a 1piece unit then Id be tempted to try it to see if I can refuel without wanting to fill up a jerry can and torch this car.

grathies said:
Is it only my S3 thats a ******* nightmare to refuel?!

Everytime I go to the petrolstation I end up swearing and coming away feeling ****** off with the car. I dont mind the price for fuel, Id just like to be able to get the ******* stuff into my fuel tank!

Any station round here, Super or Normal Unleaded... Put £20 in from empty and then every 50p-£1 worth the nozzle 'clicks' out on safety mode. So its release handle, press... CLICK. Repeated several times, Ive tried pushing it in more or holdinging it pretty much on the edge, doesnt seem to matter the fuel just doesnt drain quick enough.

In the end I got so frustrated with it I just gave up and left it at just over 3/4 of a tank and bought an AutoTrader Im that fedup with it everytime I have to put fuel in it.

Does anyone know if Audi have superseeded their S3 fueltanks? As thier a 1piece unit then Id be tempted to try it to see if I can refuel without wanting to fill up a jerry can and torch this car.

Maybe the stations around your way are geared towards the local Zephers and austin allegro's:hi: suit you sir

sounds like the breather pipe from your tank is blocked.

:)ermm: if it has one)

Apparently the the solution is to put the nozzle in upside down? You'll look a bit of a tit doing that mind.

marms said:
Apparently the the solution is to put the nozzle in upside down? You'll look a bit of a tit doing that mind.

Shall i,sharn't I, shall I, sharn't i lol......nahhhh........tooo easy:jump:

Either upside down or at about 45 degrees works for me

funnels are good...... gaffer some hose to it, just need an assistant to help....and your away:eek:)

I have had this problem myelf before not on a s3 but damn does it become annoying when the fuel keeps on cutting out especially when there are big queues.

Doesnt help when some smart tosser opposite went "I think its full"... Like if it was actually full Id not know! "Not if £20 equals 50 litres you Rover driving ****!"

I have this problem filling at BP station with BP Ultimate, it seems very frothy and clicks everytime the fuel bubbles come up. I don't have this problem filling with V power though, but I find pulling the nozzle an inch outwards helps also...

Is this every petrol station or a particular one? I have no quarms with my Shell Station in Bradford - you'll have to try it sometime. In fact I'm off to fill up - do you want me to take a video to show how to fill up?

jojo said:
I have this problem filling at BP station with BP Ultimate, it seems very frothy and clicks everytime the fuel bubbles come up. I don't have this problem filling with V power though, but I find pulling the nozzle an inch outwards helps also...

just dont wipe it on the misus hand bag when you take it out:sex:

Ive yet to find one in the Gosport/Portsmouth area that Ive not had and issue with

Some Shells arent as bad if I just 'tease' the tip in till the flap opens then put all of my 10stone ontop of it then I can squirt a bit harder and longer but I still end up having to withdraw faaaaaar to early.

Its getting to me that much that I am thinking bout changing my fueltank! Doesnt help that my turbo just screams at me when I drive, it eggs me on "COME ON YOU *******! FUEL ME! LEFT FOOT DOWN!" so its like every few days I end up getting more fuel

Grath, next time your out, ask a dirrty southern bird to neck a bottle of WKD, watch what she does......

I'll put the straw in the post mate;o)

I know exactly what you mean Grathies! I find shell in Liphook is the worst, as the pumps are newer.

I find the best way around it is to twist the nozzle about 45 degrees clockwise, and this helps a bit.

Shell at the top of Eastern road isnt too bad for me though, nor is the fratton one behind lidl.

Some BP stations are a NIGHTMARE though. they drive me nuts.

I've had this a couple of times. I find taking the nozzle completly out and putting it back in a couple of times helps. Might help when filling your car also.

Reeey! Atleast its not just me around here thats having this issue. The Shell's arent as bad but they are still far from being ok.

That Liphook Shell is the most bizzare garage Ive ever been in, found that since they changed the ones in Titchfield too theyve gotten harder to keep flowing. And everytiime I go to the one at the top of Eastern Road they never have VPower in! And Im never using the one by the Ferry again, talk about price inflation compared with other Shells!

Im gonna strip away my tank etc this weekend and have a good look at the neck, the breather and everything else, see if I can change anything that side easily, will let you know how I get on as its obv not just me!