Im 37 and just had a renewal price from Direct Line on my 2002 S3

£500
fully comp
500 excess
hire car cover
includes the wife

I have 6 points and no claims

Just chuffed its that cheap !

39, £440, Fully comp, ALL mods declared and insured (I.E would be replaced like for like). £250 excess, hire car.

6 points also and 7 years no claims.

:)

spiker said:
Im 37 and just had a renewal price from Direct Line on my 2002 S3

£500
fully comp
500 excess
hire car cover
includes the wife

I have 6 points and no claims

Just chuffed its that cheap !
Another good reason for getting older - I't's better than the alternative. :crying:

The problem with when you are comparing prices for insurance quotes it is very difficult, without seeing the actual policy documents, to verify that the cover is the same.

erm, 28.....9 yrs NCB, 3 points for failing to give info to police officer when asked (speeding camera, tried blagging that it wasnt me haha). £450, £250 excess, legal, hire car - Adrian Flux who always come at me with a high quote and always end up doing it less than my best quote (been with em for 6 years)...... Although privilege for the past 2 years have been my benchmark 'cheapest' quote.... a direct line company if im not mistaken

**** - not that good a price then

elephant quoted 691 so thought 500 ok

seriously try privilege.........supose it depends on ya no claims amount?

i just gone 21, paying 800 fully comp on 2002 s3. 2 years no claims, a claim, and 3 points.

Spiker, I'm sure you could get a quote cheaper than that, £500 is reasonable but nothing to write home about at age 37 on an S3.

c16wko, that's ****** cheap for a 21 year old, my insurance on the S3 is around that figure (I'm 21 also) but I've been driving 4 years and have 3 NCB and no points. On my R32 it's just under a grand.

yeah i been driving for just over 4 years, but had an at fault accident 3 years ago, and also picked up 3 points for speeding last year. Its just the advantaage of low crime area :)

Play Greenlight and Adrian Flux off against each other, Adrian Flux halved my renewal after getting a sub £500 quote from Greenlight.

Stewart said:
Play Greenlight and Adrian Flux off against each other, Adrian Flux halved my renewal after getting a sub £500 quote from Greenlight.

Greenlight beat the renewal quote I got from Flux by £200 :icon_thumright:

i think that with my experiance,adrian flux would have beat the renewal quote by the 200 if you'd have gone back.....apologies if you tried.....

1animal1 said:
i think that with my experiance,adrian flux would have beat the renewal quote by the 200 if you'd have gone back.....apologies if you tried.....

I agree Adrian Flux have always undercut the best quote i have managed to get by ringing round. They give you an alright renewal premium in the hope you will just accept it i think, i always ring round before going back to them and getting them to beat my lowest quote.

Beat me to it animal, if you went back to Flux they WOULD have beat Greenlight's quote just to retain your business (as they did with me), oh well you snooze, you lose :)

I'm 27 and pay £399 with Direct line (full no claims and no points yet!) with the mrs on and all available extras. Helps if you have your house with them also!

I'm with Greenlight. They were £400 cheaper than Adrian Flux for me.
I'm 26 with 4 years No Claims Bonus, All mods declared (for once) and 3 points (due to come off in April). Fully protected for £592. Think my excess is £300

I had a chat with one of the managers and they claimed (adrian flux) that they have a seperate policy that they are able to access risks on.....basically if they cant get you the price you want, they take some risk by putting you on their group policy and they pay their premium seperate....you end up with the benefits as if it wasnt a group policy.....easy....it doesnt affectthe consumer at all from what he said...... never really delved into car insurance much behind the scenes, but sounds ok to me

all depends on which S3 , I got miss quoted on the 210 bhp model and it was over £100 cheaper than the 225 bhp model . Also the area you live in makes a big difference.

some people on here have had cheap quotes off say green light but when I try them they are double what I pay now ????? Its just a big can o worms.

agreed...... all you can do is keep ringing around, i worked for CIS a few years back and they were **** hot around that time for general ins...... they just screwed people every year after lol.......

i'm 23, renewal price is going to be £550 FC with PNCB

0 points, 6 years no claims

I pick up my 225 S3 on wednesday and and spoke to my insurance company: 26 yrs old, full protected no claims although i had a £13k claim a couple of years ago, £250 excess, fully comp and wife on the policy as well- altogether coming in at £365 so i was fairly chuffed with that!! I'm with Esure by the way.

Cant wait til Wednesday by the way!!!!

I'm paying £450 for mine with all mods declared, 30 with 9yrs no claims, 6points for an SP30(I was doing 59! :no:) and my other half has 6 points also, two mobile speed camera.

1animal1 said:
seriously try privilege.........supose it depends on ya no claims amount?

that's who I'm with. I've just turned 30 with 3 points, no mods (yet!) and pay 420 for the year with 350 excess. That includes my wife who's only 24 also!
:icon_thumright:

craigsy said:
I'm with Esure by the way.

Thats interesting Esure wouldn't insure me. Either the car or me would have been classed as too high risk

i need to try elsewhere next year......looks like im paying too much lol (always gonna find sum1 with cheaper ins i suppose)

My actual premium is £409 + £20 admin from the broker.

I'm 26 with 6 years no claims, A-Plan seemed to be rather good, Adrian flux ****** me off once to often this year after having been with them for a while, whenever I tried to phone I got put on hold for ages or spoke to total numpties and it was just the last straw after there **** take of a renewal!

ok so i shall try privelige , green light and Adrian Flux

Thanks chaps -
Will post the result

Thanks again for the suggestions on the insurance

37 2002 S3 no mods + wife 6 points 12 years NCB

To recap and confim prices

Elephant 550 in the end
Direct Line 500
Privilege 480
Green Light - just didnt return my call couldnt get through

Adrian Flux 423 with my points / hire car / wife / protected / etc

So 423 sorted - thanks all again

you really should try get another quote from green light.. Im 24 and paying just over £600 to greenlight, £350 excess

fully comp
5 years NCB