S3 handling problem - suspected anti-roll bar "insert" + shocks

dpeilow

Reaction score
Hi,

After carrying what was probably too heavy a load a while back (don't ask) my car hasn't been handling right since. There has been too much body roll on bumpy roads and it hasn't been tight going around corners.

So I took it into Fontains to get it checked out and just had a phone call to say both rear shocks need replacing (£250) and also the anti roll bar "inserts" are cracked and also need replacing (another £250 fitted...)

That last price seems a bit steep. I'm presuming they are talking about arb bushes. What else is there that could be costing this much?

Dave

sounds like a great excuse to sort out the handling with some decent suspension components!

you need to stop picking up fat burds ;) lol

rite.. I would take the car straight back from the dealers, order up some shocks from your local motor factors.. approx £100 will see 2 shocks.. I just had a quick check on the Eurocarparts.com website.. and they come up with

REAR SHOCK ABSORBER AUDI TT COUPE QUATTRO -12.99
Upto Cha 8NY-120000 £51.84

A garage will charge you max 1 hours labour to fit them.

Also.. ARB bushes should be about £25 - £30 to get sorted

Thanks for the info

I spoke to the garage again yesterday afternoon. They are saying it is in fact the whole ARB that needs replacing. They said this is £50 plus two hours labour.
Given that they are doing the shocks at the same time, this seems a bit high for the labour time to me.