help

antonio2131

Reaction score
will s3 leather interior and door cards fit my car. the cars are the same model and can the electrics and heated seat bit be wired up to work easily?

Yes mate, have them fitted in my A3, dropped straight in just needs a bit of wiring for the heaters and electrics.

Out of interest Jay do they bolt straight onto the existing runners?

I was either going to go for S3 Seats or get my Sports seats retrimmed....

Cheers

Yes mate they bolt straight in, less than 15mins to fix them. Just the 2 bolts at the front then slide them out of the runners.

Nice 1 thats what i thought Jay, the only thing that puts me off is tha your lucky to find a set under the 800 Mark.

And for that price i could get a retrim on my sports seats i believe they're Recaro anyway arnt they?

And also when you get the Used S3 seats the leather is cracked.

Whereas i can get my Seatsretrimmed and they'd be brand new for the same price...

What you think?

Depends what your looking for really

Im always of the belife of why build something or make something you can buy done? Unless you particularly want a different style of material or design used

Alot of the 'cracked' leather on ebay isnt that bad really, with a good feed it comes up wonders

I paid £500 for mine off edition 38 without door cards, the leather was mint with no cracks.
HPIM0646.jpg

Hmm id be prepared to pay 500 for the Seats that'd be fine!

What colour do you think best suits a Silver A3?

I like the Black and blue ones personally.

A retrim would set me back at least 800 any-way..

I'll have to keep and eye out.

Cheers

Must admit i like the balck and blue ones to but i think the grey leather looks the most classy but i would say that?

why not get white and black alacantra ones ive got them in my silver s3 they look the nuts.imo

yeah they arent the best especially being a mechanic having to put seat covers over them every week night after work,lol.my dads got some suede cleaner stuff which works well though.

Just out of interest what seat covers you got?
I have a snap on one and it really doesn't fit the seat, I'm hoping to have a word with recaro at Autosports show to see if they can help me?

i would definately go for new seats rather than re-trim your seats!
Yours aint recaro and if you sit in a recaro ull notice the dirrerence! i have the facelift seats(same as mk4 golf recaros) and they are sooo much better! i couldnt bear to have my old sport seats again lol.

FYI mk4 golf seats will fit straight in too so could look for some recaros, usually go for cheaper than s3 seats to.

josh

i have a mactools seat cover and they are a crap fit also,havent found a good seat cover to fit my recaros yet.lol

I have seen the integra one's on ebay, but dont want a red one with Type R on it?:lmfao:

Placcy seat covers all the way lol, just take em off when you haven't been working