New car, intermittent problem.

eagle_s3

Reaction score
Hello.

I've been reading the forum for a while due to wanting to purchase an S3 at some point

Got a new job and a decent cash flow so I stepped up my search. Found a Y plate S3 in silver with 34K miles on the clock, couldn't really pass it up.

Got the car on Monday and I'm loving it.

However, I have an intermittent problem. The ABS and Traction control lights keep coming on.
They don't appear when I start the car only once I start driving, and they don't appear every time.

Could the problem be with an abs sensor and the Traction control light comes on as a result.
Would I be correct in thinking that the TC doesn't work if the ABS is not working?

I'm taking the car back to the garage on Saturday (first chance I'll get due to work) and I'll be getting them to fix whatever the problem is, just looking for a heads up on possible problems.

Cheers.

my traction control kicks in every now and again its annoying more than anything. Have you tried turning it off? Maybe your haldex (4wd) isn't working. which could be quite costly.

The lights come on and stay on all the time.
Rather than the TC light flashing like it does when it's telling you that it's working.

as said, vag-com again needed. Could be anything from abs wheel sensor, lateral or longitudinal sensor, ABS pump, ABS controller ot even steering wheel sensor.

It's shocking how much money a £35 ebay dongle and shareware copy of vag-com can save you.