2002 S3 FRONT WHEEL SPACERS??

S3SYD

Reaction score
I NEED TO SPACE MY FRONT WHEELS OUT 10M EACH SIDE..TO FIT THE BREMBOS!!:) STS IN SLOUGH ORDERED ME A SET OF H&R SPACERS AND THEY TRYED TO FIT THEM ON BUT THEY DIDNT SIT ON THE INSIDE PART OF MY RIM PROPERLY MEANING FLUSH!!(IN THE BORE) :motz: NOW I HAVE LOOKED ON EURO PERFORMANCE.CO.UK AND THEY DONT LIST A HUBCENTRIC 10M SPACER MADE BY H&R THEY ONLY LIST A 12M SPACER EACH SIDE!!:think: MY WHEELS ARE GENUINE AUDI RS6 WHEELS 5/100!! :hubbahubba: ANY ONE HELP??

i have H & R 10mm spacers on the fronts and 15mm on the rear.. H& R make them.. its stamped on the spacer :)

thanks mate..:icon_thumright: do you no if they have a shamferrd bore or perfect round bore??:think:

I have FK Automotive (far cheaper than H&R) 10mm front and 13mm rear. These can be purchased from Venom Motorsport. Think they cost about £85 with longer bolts

:slap: THE WHEELS I GOT SIT DIFFRENT TO REPLICAS...MINE GO DEEPER IN TOWARDS THE HUB FROM THE OUTTER RIM..THE REPLICAS ARE MORE FLAT FACED!!! THATS WHAT THE ALLOY WHEEL SHOP SAID WHEN I TOLD HIM BUT WHEN HE SAW THEM,HE ALSO SAID THERE NOT REPLICAS:confused: PLUS ON THE INSIDE OF THE RIM IT SAYS (NOT OEM REPLICA) MADE IN ITALY :icon_thumright:

You've been told some ******** by the soudns of it, The wheels are italian replicas by the sounds of it.

Why you taking your car into STS any-way? I live near slough too wouldnt even think of giving my car to them though.

They fitting the brembos too?

Jason

If I remember correctly the genuine RS6 were never made in 5/100 mate, just 5/112. I also don't think they were made in Italy either. What is the centre bore of the wheels?

Damian @ DPM

vanilla_ice said:
Sorry, but it reads "not OEM - Replica" as in these are not genuine, these are replicas.

ICE

That's what I'm reading when he posted it up. Put simply, the RS6 style wheel isn't available in 5X100 fitment from Audi, genuine items are aluminium(I think?) and 19" only, they did some 18" versions fitted onto B6 A4 S-Lines, but they are 5X112 and don't have the dish on the spokes as you mention, due to high offset.

NAH DONT BE SILLY STS AINT FITTING THE BREMBOS :no: I ONLY ORDERED THE SPACERS FROM THERE..ILL BE FITTING THEM MY SELF AS I FIX BUSES..:rulez: ..AS TO THE WHEELS THE BORE IS 57.1 AND THEY ARE 5/100..:gun2: ON 18"x8"1/2 with no spigot rings..they aint got a dish the spokes angle more towards the hub then the replicas i seen.. the spacers i got have a 57.1 bore but the bore has a shamfered part on flat part where the wheel sits flush or is meant to in my case:confused: ..looks like i will have to send them into a engineering shop..unless you lot can help..:respekt:

1. Stop shouting! (caps lock!)
2. Are they genuine H and R spacers, do you have the box? Are they stamped H and R?
3. have you dummy fitted a spacer to the inside of a loose wheel? If not try to do this, if they do not fit, the wheels are at fault I think, (I would wager a TUV approved quality German spacer is correct against a replica italian wheel any day of the week).
4. If the spacer fits the wheel here, does it not seem to fit when on the car? If so, it could be that your new longer wheel bolts are too long and are hitting the ABS ring gear on the inside of the hub, not allowing the wheel to do up tight and hence making it seem that the spacer does not fit properly.

5. If the wheels are wrong, chage them and sell your others is my advice.
I would not bother messing with the H and R spacers, they are like that for a reason, TUV approved, hubcentrc with the chmafer on the centre to allow enough meat there so the centre spigot does not shear off.

and FINALLY!! #6......say hello to "Blakey" from us all! lol

RITE THE PROBLEM IS THE WHEELS,:tocktock: THE BORE ON THE WHEELS ARE FLAT FACED... ALL OTHER WHEELS COME WITH A COUNTERSINKED BORE MINE AINT OR SHALL I SAY,COUNTERSINKED SPIGOT RINGS..WHAT I HAVE TO DO IS GET THE WHEELS MACHINED(COUNTERSINK THE BORE)..JOB DONE..PLUS THE WHEELS CAME WITH THE CAR FROM NEW,FROM AUDIS WITH RS6 WHEELS..:icon_thumright:

S3SYD said:
RITE THE PROBLEM IS THE WHEELS,:tocktock: THE BORE ON THE WHEELS ARE FLAT FACED... ALL OTHER WHEELS COME WITH A COUNTERSINKED BORE MINE AINT OR SHALL I SAY,COUNTERSINKED SPIGOT RINGS..WHAT I HAVE TO DO IS GET THE WHEELS MACHINED(COUNTERSINK THE BORE)..JOB DONE..PLUS THE WHEELS CAME WITH THE CAR FROM NEW,FROM AUDIS WITH RS6 WHEELS..:icon_thumright:

Im not feeling well as it is and that took alot of concentration to read. Not being funny but is your keyboard broke?

So you have a 1 of a kind S3 with special RS6 Wheels from Audi? And your gonna machine down these rare pieces of automotive history to fit some bigger brakes?

S3SYD said:

Turn the caps lock off. Your wheels are copies not originals and therein lies your problem. There is not chamfer as there should be, the centre bore locates the hub as I am sure you know, not the wheel bolts. If you machine the wheels and get them a bit wrong, they may well wobble and be scrap.
Audi never fittted or produced RS6 style wheels in a 5x100 pcd that the s3 8l has.
You should consider moving your wheels on on ebay and getting some proper wheels with the correct chamfer, even if these are aftermrket wheels with plastic spigots.
By the time you have machined your wheels up, and bought your spacers, your Brembo kit will be mightly expensive.

Seriously, turn your caps lock off, it makes you look angry.

S3SYD said:

I agree with all and recommend caps off mate. :tocktock:

Back to your wheels, you say they are 5x100, so they should fit, why would anyone make a replica RS6 wheel that doesn't fit onto your car which is getting to me. Surely anyone who makes a replica RS6 wheel was for fitment on VAG cars with the correct 57.1 bore size and no need for spigot rings!? Anyone else agree with me on this one??

Your wheels are COPIES :o.k:

Wack them on ebay you'll get about 250-300 for them if your lucky! I don think they suit the 8L S3 any-way but each to their own!

Have you not got your standard S3 Avus wheels?

Jason

Lets get this bottomed out...
The RS6 wheels you have are COPIES or REPLICAS.
Audi never made OEM 5 x 100 RS6 wheels for the S3.

They did not come on the car from new...Audi didn't make them.

OEM wheels do not need spigot rings, they are the correct bore.

If yours need spigot rings...they are REPLICAS.
If they have no chamfer..they are very poor quality REPLICAS.

Well Said Ess...

If money is no object then go for some nice BBS LM'S :thumbsup:

Stick the RS6 REPLICAS on ebay they're no use to you if you cant get the Brembo's behind them!

Also id consider 18's over 19's.

Jason

Fit some wheels off the busses on it!!

thanks lads..job done..buy the way my mate brought the car new with the rs6 wheels..thank boys