had car on rollers and re-mapped today...

Denty

Reaction score
what a difference....

Before re-map the car was producing 170bhp (down 10bhp from standard for some reason).

Now producing 215bhp...:yes: :happy: :happy: well happy....everthing else is standard, car is 2000 a3 quattro with a Ko3 not a K03S turbo.

The re-map i decided to go for in the end was one from a german company called KOCH farrzeugtechnik - http://www.kochtuning.com/

Got it done at power dynamics in uxbridge, goood service, would recommend, first time i been there.

Can actually hear the turbo working now, cant believe the difference.!

Can anybody recomend anything else to compliment the re-map? and are those figures good for this type of re-map. Are aftermarket dump valves really worth it?

ta
:cool: stu

Love the tuning company. Absolutely Brilliant.

On a side note - Enjoy it mate. Remap Grin Factor makes it all worth it.

215 from a K03..is it possible from what I've read here regarding the power limitations on the K03?

in uxbridge near slough. they had to "bench Programme" the chip as they couldnt flash it via the port, a recognition problem apparently...good price tho hey... (think i might have managed to get a deal out of him tho...lol!) got the graph print outs n stuff too.:)

ive got the evidence....!:icon_thumright:

No you dont!! If your car is a 180hp version (from what yo said and its a quattro,) it SHOULD be a k03 S on it!
If was stock with a k03, it would ahve been 150hp, in whihc case you had 170 to begin with, in which case its roller error! !

How do you know or why do you think its a k03 ? 215hp with k03sport is possible, but not with k03, they wont make power above about 5900. If you have strong sustained power to about 6300, this is a k03 sport for sure.

the engine is a AJQ which comes with a ko3 according to the stuff ive read on the forums and that...but i havnt actually looked at the turbo yet...is there any other way to tell?

the graph says: max power of 215bhp produced at 4871 rpm. ive got optimax init at the mo too...

You cannot tell from the code of the motor for sure, you need the turbo code plate.
Best K03 cars on big valve heads and full turbo back systems etc make about 205max. Same spec ca with a k03s will be 240hp.
Your power peak sounds horribly low down. When does the power drop off per the graph?
my k03 golf peaked at over 5k revs, my k03 s golf peaked at 5900.

Only way to be sure on turbo type is to remove the TIP, (on allen bolt in turbo end) and count the impelor vanes 8 and its a sport, 12 and its a stock k03. Its not to hard to do to check tbh. If it is a sport, their map should be more agressive and make (more) power higher up and for longer.
If it is a k03, it oculd be the originla turbo blew and someone fitted a k03 on it, could be why it wa down on original power, but does not explain high end power for a k03. IS the car stock apart from the map now?

the power drops off at about 5.5k and the car is completly stock. i'll also check the turbo like u said tommorow so i know for sure....

I have read that some a3 Q's do come fitted with the ko3 from the factory...have you heard about this?

ta for your help.

No, but they may do if it was an early one. VAG have a habit of mixing some bits up occasionally.
I just cannot see how they would out of the box get 180 from a k03.

typical vag! they prob just put a mild map on the k03 :unsure: themselves...