How easy is it to remove wing mirror caps for spraying

xeryus

Reaction score
Hi, as the above says really (A3 00). I don't want to damage them. Spotted bubbles in the oxidized paint finish on the wing mirrors, and while polishing the oxidation away, the paint bubbles went with it. In fact, I didn't finish the job for that reason. I don't want to spray while attached when I can avoid overspray by doing them in the garage. Also, what about the electrics, are they easy to disconnect/reconnect? Thanks.

You just need to get a firm hold of the paninted outer cover, give it a bit of a wiggle and a pull and they should just pop off! No need to unbolt anything or disconnect any wiring

I want to spray mine gloss black when i have a chance you try pulling them off though they're a right ******* to get off!

Thank you. I gave them a wiggle this morning - just to see if they were *wigglable*. I could sense a bit of movement, so I was pretty sure they were removable, and not one whole part. I'm going to wait until I get some paint before I go any further.

Mine had 3 screw to remove. Just prise the glass off (as its only clipped on) undo the 3 screw on the casing and then maneuver over the frame.

A3_Turbo said:
I want to spray mine gloss black when i have a chance you try pulling them off though they're a right ******* to get off!

Ive not had any issues, I changed from Chromes to Stardard ones with no problems at all

grathies said:
Ive not had any issues, I changed from Chromes to Stardard ones with no problems at all

sounds like a bodgit and scarper approach to me:moa: