Boost gauge which one??

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Just sent my Vent off to be custom made for the boost gauge.

What ones are you guys using (52mm) Dont want to pay stupid prices!

I dont fancy Wiring it up myself so i'll get APS to do that along with my FMIC :)

Cheers

Also interested as my vent is being sent off this week too.

Would ideally like it to match standard dash colours.
josh

where do you guys send the vents off to and for how much if you dont mind me askin,raid hp on ebay match the red dash lights of the a3/s3

anyone,where should i sent my vent to get it modified for a boost gauge,and is it a big job to conect it up from the air vent to the turbo hose?

<nev.wakefield@solarsolutionstinting.co.uk>

Thats his direct email address,

Its 40 quid and you send off your vent i havnt had mine back yet will post pics when its done :)

Jason

cheers jason,once you have added pics ill decide whether to do mine,cheers guys

mines an s3 so i take it the vents are different,but ill double check,cheers again mate

Vents are the same as A3 and Seat Leon, other than facelift S3 vents light up

Surely youd pay about 40 quid for the pillar mount and matching interior trim to cover it with though?

What have you got then Dave??

each to their own i suppose, but the way i look at it is, his work looks very good, and im guessing its gonna take at least 3 hours of his time which i would be charging over £60 in labour costs alone so aslong as its a good job im happy as it would take me even longer and i wouldnt do as good a job!

josh

I jhave a boost gauge on my vent which I did myself, but it annoys me as I dont really need it unless there is a problem so I'm going to be leaving the connectors in situ and removing the gauge, only putting it back when i need to troubleshoot.

Might be interested in the vents. The Cupra forum link doesn't work for me.

How easy is it to plumb it in from the air vent? Do they also need power? I have no idea how to get a line from the engine bay poking out an air vent!

You will need a power, a ground, the boost pipe and posibly a permanent or ignition positive depending on what gauge.

If you're in Surrey, it may be worth driving down to Hindhead to The Phirm. Tim there has fabricated my vent to fit my boost guage...