Part numbers for timing belt work

s3paul

Reaction score
Hope someone can help. After reading a lot of the debate surrounding when timing belts should be done on S3s I have decided as i cannot see any evidence of it being done in the history of the car and approaching 70K I should get it done.

I have also read that as well as the timing belt itself it is advisable to also change the "roller" "tensioner" "auxillary belt" and "water pump".

Does anyone know of these part numbers for the following car as I am going to need to get the parts delivered (shipped) and really dont want the mechanic I use to be in the middle of the job to find that one part is wrong.

2001 S3 facelift (x plate)
AMK engine code

thanks a lot guys in advance
Paul

Sorry everyone - also does anyone have any recomendations as to who would deliver these parts and do a good deal?
Vagparts?
Eurocarparts?
thanks again

gsf but when I asked they have 3 listed starting at 50 quid to 80 quid then the water pump on top of that about 40 ish.

jojo mentioned the name of the belt to go for in another thread somewhere

Has anyone got a reference for these part numbers so I can check eurocarparts/gsf are sending me the right ones.
cheers

apparently the unofficial recommendation from Audi is 120,000miles for a cam belt on an S3----from an Audi engineer, i dont know how this figure came about though.......

I tried to look into this idea of 80K vs 120K - lots of discussion in other threads. Seemed like the service interval changed pre and post facelift.
Just want to be safe not sorry.
120K seems like a long time too.
My service book is not entirely clear either.

hi s3 paul im in the same situation with my new car which i just brought ive got a leon cupra r with 84k full dealer history but no sign its been changed so im not going to risk it and get it done next thursday if i where you id recommend getting it done.

s3paul said:
I tried to look into this idea of 80K vs 120K - lots of discussion in other threads. Seemed like the service interval changed pre and post facelift.
Just want to be safe not sorry.
120K seems like a long time too.
My service book is not entirely clear either.

The way i read my service book is that it needs doing every 60k. Im getting mine done asap...... was going to get the dealer to do it but got bit more off to let my mechanic at it.....otherwise how would i tell