factory sat nav any good?

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
is it? seen them on ebay at between £100-£250, would imagine it looks quite good but is it any good....... think id miss the 6 disc changer in the symphony system....guessing the sat nav would have to utilise a boot changer instead......

Id never actually used Sat Nav until I got my A3 which had it in from the factory, but I must say I do like it a lot.

I think a nice touch is that as well as the main colour screen showing the map, you get the display where the fuel computer is too, so when you approach a roundabout it show a little picture and which exit to take, as well as a little graph showing how near you are to the juntion.

Quite impressed :icon_thumright:

RNS-E would be my choice, didn't I send you the guide 1animal1?

Cant remember you doing so Steve.....

Rick, 1 went on ebay for £100 last night, not tested though so bit risky..... they tend to go for 250 if you go on ebay and search under 'Audi sat nav'

Unsure as to whether it would utilise the DIS if im fitting myself.....presume this would need a reprogram...

My mechanic is ex Audi, has the full original kit to do the job, thankfully

tim, did you ever go ahead with this?

It's something i'm considering doing.. however, whether it's something I can do myself is a different matter... I read you have to trim the console down a bit for it to fit or similar?

I have a 2001 facelift S3, single tape deck up front with CD changer in boot - would this house the RNS-E console or?!

Na mate, didnt see much point in the end....im good with a map and hardly ever go anywhere else that would require a sat nav....looks good but its an expensive decoration