Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

Indicators not flashing

Hey, can anyone help, my sisters indicators are coming on but not flashing, just a constant light always on, on both left and right indicators.

It started as an intermittent problem but has now been like this for a week, has anyone got any suggestions as to what i could try to do to sort it?? the hazard light still works normally and flashes.

thanks, the car is a 1998 1.6 a3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Hi, sounds like its the relay thats faulty, its built into the hazard swithch so you will have to buy a complete unit, their about 33 from Audi and very easy to change

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by James333
    Hey, can anyone help, my sisters indicators are coming on but not flashing, just a constant light always on, on both left and right indicators.

It started as an intermittent problem but has now been like this for a week, has anyone got any suggestions as to what i could try to do to sort it?? the hazard light still works normally and flashes.

thanks, the car is a 1998 1.6 a3
    Most likely to be a relay... You could pretend it's a BMW they rarely bother indicating round here!!! IMHO

Status
    my daughter asked me what the green lights were and I said "indicators" to which she said "how come mummys car doesn't have them?" completely useless info for your problem but makes me smile when I remember it

RGBArgee
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    my daughter asked me what the green lights were and I said "indicators" to which she said "how come mummys car doesn't have them?" completely useless info for your problem but makes me smile when I remember it
    Nice one... Was that a BM??

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees
    LOL. Out of the mouths of babes.

There is no 'relay' as such on the 8L. It is all combined into the actual hazzard warning swith. As above, it's easy to fit

Part number is : 8L0 914 509 J incase you need it.
    I'm an optimist but I don't think it helps much.

A3 8P 2.0TDi S-Line Sportback DSG