Chrome or brushed alluminium wing mirrors???

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
Seen a few black S3's around with chrome mirrors and 1 had brushed alluminium 1's.

Ide like to get my self a set but only thing ive been slightly put off by is the price for just the casing that will replace my existing black ones??? someone please correct me if ime wrong.

Had a look on ebay and they are all around the £70 - £80 mark which seems a little pricey to me for 2 bits of plastic??? so if anyone knows of anywhere i can get them cheaper could they please let me know.....or if anyones selling any that would be gd aswell

thanks

Dont get the covers! Save your pennies and get the genuine ally ones is my advice.

£135 each from Audi, get them cheaper if you know someone in the trade. (the casing only)

1animal1 said:
£135 each from Audi, get them cheaper if you know someone in the trade. (the casing only)

For the proper OEM ally ones you're nearer £600 for the pair. Although they're occasionally on ebay for about £200-250.

But like simch says, get the real ones - the cheapo ones look nasty

Brushed ones look better, I had some chrome replica ones on mine but changed back to painted silver ones, not my cuppa tea

If you want a set of the chrome ones cheap to see how they look drop me a PM and we can sort something out, they have some small damage to them but not really noticable when their on the car

my mate had his stolen, lucky they weren't the genuine ones! Be prepared for them to go walkies if you do fit them.....

I am looking for the same thing but for A4 (B6 chassis). I would prefare genuine caps.

Anyone see them in the breakers?

jonS3 said:
my mate had his stolen, lucky they weren't the genuine ones! Be prepared for them to go walkies if you do fit them.....

As above

To many tea leaves with magpie eyes around, I know you should be able to have what you want but so does every thieving scally.
The genuine matt ones look the best tho.

got a set of genuine ones if someone wants to make me an offer took them off my 2000 s 3

ChriS3 said:
For the proper OEM ally ones you're nearer £600 for the pair. Although they're occasionally on ebay for about £200-250.

But like simch says, get the real ones - the cheapo ones look nasty

Chris, they did sound a bit cheap..... i asked the fella at the parts counter and he said it was because they were only the casings , i would need to fit the insides from my existing mirrors..... is this what costs £600, the whole kit or am i being priced on some cheapies from Audi?:think:

ive painted a spare set i had, doesnt look bad at all,

will take a pic to mo,

As said a couple of times already, these mirrors are the most stolen thing from S3s, so fit them at your peril. Glad mine are colour coded.

I got a crap pair of plastic chrome ones painted alu effect, look great, and if they get stolen, i dont really care (as long as they dont damage the car!)