How many MPG are you guys getting?

spencerjoel

Reaction score
Hi guys,
How many MPG are you guys getting on your A/S3's.
Ive got a '99 A3 1.8T Quattro, and am only getting 24ish. This seems a bit low eventhough I don't really do that much motorway driving.
When I do get a lot of motorway miles in it only really goes up to about 27-28. Is this right?
Cheers 4 u're replies

not got an audi yet but got an ibiza cupra which has same engine and get an average of 31-33mpg which is cruising on a roads and nippin on on b roads etc.

When I first got my 1.8T Sport I was consistently getting 39.9 mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Now I have started driving a bit more spirited /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif I am getting about 29.5 mpg, and that is doing about 50 mph on normal carriageways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Moral of the story is you want to get good mpg then try to keep below 3000 rpm, that's how I was getting 39.9 mpg. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

If you want to drive spirited then you will be lucky to get into the 30's

I'm getting around 30mpg. Mixture of urban and motorway driving.

I never seem to get more than 19-21 mpg out of my S3 must just be the way I drive and I never put oil in-between services-last service april 2002.

But then I have a diesel company car for day to day running so who cares.

I get on average around 30mpg but I suppose that will drop when it gets chipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

26 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif 25/24 pushing on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

I seem to avg 30mpg in my 1.8T (chipped) must say, I drive quite reserved though. I keep looking at the petrol gauge and it seems to go down real quick (but that's probably because I've only had the car a week and never been out of it!) I am hoping to get the mpg up a bit more. I haven't been on a motorway run as such yet (except when I went up to Newcastle airport the other night - but I was booting it a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) so when i do, I'll see what mpg I'm hitting then.

Hmm doesn't sound too bad to me as I am getting 22MPG out of my current car.

So when I get the T Sport it should be better on the wallet LOL

About 27-28 MPG average..normal driving around.

28-29 on a motorway run...a bit better if I don't use the cruise control.

Proper driving, about 20...and push on driving when out for a blast, considerably less than that!