Basic Audi Sat Nav System

S3 Wannabe

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of info on a basic audi sat nav system, (-not the decent one with the LCD screen) located in between the speedo and rev counter on later face lift models.

'Is it any good???' Is basically what I need to know. I'm buying an S3 on friday and cannot find any info on this set anywhere.

I'm happy using a map and my head for finding location of places tbh, and this option on the car hasn't influenced my decision in anyway on buying the vehicle, -so if it's crap just let me know!

Thanks for the help!!!! :icon_thumright:

We have this on our 2005 TTR and it seems very good on the few occasions I've used it in the 6 weeks since car purchase. I think it has a 2006 DVD in it (located behind the drivers seat) and it's found everywhere I've asked it to.

It's a bit tricky to use on the move as the buttons and rotary knob are mounted next to the handbrake, and there's lots of scrolling up and down menu's and across the alphabet for selection.

Again, this wasn't the deal clincher for me either, but I believe that it's the only factory-fit option on the TT, so it was a nice to have for residual value. On the S3, where the full screen sat-nav is available, I don't know whether it'll make any difference to residual value.

Not many people ticked the sat nav box on the 8L so rare to find one with it. The basic sat nav with the wheel by the handbrake must even rarer...not even sure they did it with the 8L but my friend has it on his 8P.

I have the basic RNS-C system on my A4, and it's actually pretty good, still has voice commands and the DIS screen is in colour too, which is a bonus. Mine runs on old CD's as opposed to DVD's which were used after 2004.

Thanks to those who have replied so far!

Nah, not in Mansfield, the car is based in Winchester.

Supposed to be picking up on Friday, however dealer is proving a little disorganised in getting it ready (service and MOT) for me!
:no: