How many miles has your motor done

My '97 1.6 is about 115,000 miles just now. Driveshafts and suspension are on their last legs lol

When you say "motor" what do you mean engine or car? :lmfao:

The first engine lastest around 5 years and 63,000 miles and the car itself has now done 114,000 miles, the slightly scary thing is I've had the car (2000 S3) 4 years and about 2 weeks and it had only done 26,000 when I got it.

Guess this means I'll need another new engine soon. :think:

2000 X S3 just clocked 33k the other day.

absolute zilch as it's currently sitting in a german stock yard waiting to be shipped over to the U.K :scared2:

w reg a3 quattro
113k miles
runs fine:icon_thumright:
rebuild n lots of work on way tho

1999 1.8T 126,000miles....replaced rear bushes and front arms.... original everything else and doesnt look like its packing up anytime soon..... and ive had it since 30K on the clock...given it some right grief too:eek:D

1.8TQ V (99) - Done 30k, was only 18k when I bought it back in Feb :D Some people really need to use there cars more! Then again that was the reason for sale lol.

mat20vt said:
w reg a3 quattro
113k miles
runs fine:icon_thumright:
rebuild n lots of work on way tho

out of interest, how much for an engine rebuild????

2000 A3 1.8Ts 51K

Owned since new, recently replaced fanbelt Dampner (noisy) and will need to replace bushes or ball joint as the right side knocks like a headboard on sat. night when I go over a bump....

Good car (just covered 1200k in three days up to scotland, no probs)

:icon_thumright:

Keep the oil changed regularly, (10k miles) use decent fuel in it, and even pushed to the max with K04 or K03 turbo, motots are good for 150k miles at least.

2003 53 plate 2.0 TDI.

116,000 and is still tighter than a ducks ****. drove my sisters 2006 Golf TDi last week which has done 12,000 miles and mine drives better, feels tighter and is quicker even though they have the same engine?!?

8-10k oil/filter change and air filter change and it's all good for a quarter of a million miles (even when driven hard).

2001 S3, just over 70k.

Some of you need to spend more time driving rather than polishing :)

Maz said:
2001 S3, just over 70k.

Some of you need to spend more time driving rather than polishing :)

Got to agree.

No point having the cleanest car in the Garage.

I suppose a lot of people don't actually use their cars for anything other than going to work and if work is local, or you use public transport, the miles just don't get done.

Living in rural Lincolnshire means I have to do a 20mile round trip to fetch milk! and my work means that I travel anywhere up to 800 miles a week.