Best rear spoiler and A3 and place to get it?

Cossie_boy

Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to get a rear spolier for my A3, like the S3 has for example.

I said this for the 2 years I owned my Golf and never got round to it!

So I would like to get on and buy one, does anyone know if they just stick on or have to be drilled?

Also what is the best one to get, a VAG S3 one, or a copy or aftermarket?

I see them on ebay but arent sure about quality etc...

Any info much appreciated

Cheers

Dave

S3 oem ones bolt through the rear screen and are bonded at the edges so if you get one of those you need to cut the fixing bolts off and bond all over after market ones just bond try and save money and get the same colour the other option is to get an S3 rear hatch complete in the right colour these go cheaply sometimes you just have to travel to pick them up

Rob

S3 is the way to go. Lots of people have done this mod. You will need to chop the bolts off and then bond it on. Mine's been on approx 2 years or so now and no signs of it coming off :) Keep an eye out on ebay, or you could always see if AshS3 is willing to take the spoiler off his S3 that he's breaking? :think:

Rob :)

I am looking at buying S3 rear spoiler myself but wanted some more info on them.

Are they quite easy to fit? Any drilling required ? and is the electrical side hard to do? How long will an install take and how long will it take for the glue to bond in this type of british weather?

Cheers if anyone can help me out :)