Indicator and beeping?

carbster09

Reaction score
Ok, here's a stupid question. When I just my indicator my S3 has recently started beeping....? I have checked the lights, I don't have a manual so can anyone help? I know there is an obvious answer, but its missed me.

Carbster:cool:

carbster09 said:
Ok, here's a stupid question. When I just my indicator my S3 has recently started beeping....? I have checked the lights, I don't have a manual so can anyone help? I know there is an obvious answer, but its missed me.

Carbster:cool:

When you just do what with your indicator?

Preview is your friend!

It starts to beeping when indicating a right or left turn. Strange? It just started doing it. I have looked at all of the bulbs. Maybe I missed something, obvioiusly.:faint:

They dont beep do they, its more of a click if anything

Most likely that your car has had a towbar fitted at some point. I think it is regulation that if you are towing a trailer then it has to beep when indicating - not sure why - perhaps to remind you that you are towing something. The minibuses at Uni used to do it when we were towing a trailer.

Anyway, perhaps some water has got into the tow hitch wiring?

I believe the beep when towing is to let you know if the indicators are working on the trailer but shouldn't beep when the is no trailer being towed!