boost gauge (which pipe)

S3 chj

Reaction score
hi guys and girls i bought a boost gauge today for my a3 1.8t 97 model but i don't know which pipe to connect it to anyone got a pick or a how to they can show me,
thanks Chris

hohoho merry Christmas everyone

You have a coupl of options. you can place a tee piece in the pipe vacuum pipe running to the fuel pressure regulator, or the pipe the vacuum pipe that runs to the diverter valve.

I've used the latter, I placed a tee between one of the pipes under the inlet manifold plenum chamber and the hard metal pipe on the side of the head that ends up at the diverter.

hey peeps, howmuch boost does an S3 run on stock? and if it cn be turned up how much is safe amount of boost to run it up to? i hve 2003 S3 but bought used.

HTC said:
You have a coupl of options. you can place a tee piece in the pipe vacuum pipe running to the fuel pressure regulator, or the pipe the vacuum pipe that runs to the diverter valve.

I've used the latter, I placed a tee between one of the pipes under the inlet manifold plenum chamber and the hard metal pipe on the side of the head that ends up at the diverter.

ok great have you got a pick so i know im cutting the right pipe

cheers chris