Bose problem :(

keendean

Reaction score
2001 S3 with the Bose upgrade, strange problem where I can't turn off TP. Every now and then while playing a cd it will beep three times, then play a news traffic report, but it's the same playback every time(same broadcast), with the wrong time being stated. The only way to cancel it is to press FM, while it will then try and search. If I press the TP button it starts beeping again. Is there a manual for this stereo? I'm guessing the only way to reset the head unit is with vagcom or similar? Odd behaviour, I've tried everything, and it's driving me up the wall. I'll try and reproduce the problem, and try and be a little more specific :)

I had this on my RNS-D. The manual says to turn off TP, hold in the TP button for a few seconds - but it doesn't work all the time! Sometimes all it does is replay the last fuzzy traffic recording.

In the end I DID manage to get the "TP" logo to disappear, but it was through trial and error.. try holding down the tp button when in FM or AM mode, but not in AS FM mode..

it's a bit spooky, I thought I was going mad. I'll try this, it's very random, and happens if listening to a CD or a preset radio station. What is AS mode? Are the beeps that you hear, trying to find a TP signal and failing, it all seems v.random. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tom :)