Chipped MPGs?

recomdos

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi,

Looking into a 1.8T sport (as many probably know by now) was happy with getting one standard, but looking into a chipped one - can anyone tell me the difference in mpg on the standard setup, then after the remap? Apart from insurance quotations it's the mpg that I'm worried about. I currently drive an old fiesta and that gets around 28/30mpg I don't want something that is gonna ABSOLUTELY drink the juice (I know driving style plays a big part of course, but I'm pretty reserved - hence not buying a 3.0 supra etc etc)

Realistic figures please.

Cheers

I know loads of you will cringe at this - but it is out of curiosity - could it be de-chipped? not that I'd probably do it, just wondering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
Hi,

Looking into a 1.8T sport (as many probably know by now) was happy with getting one standard, but looking into a chipped one - can anyone tell me the difference in mpg on the standard setup, then after the remap? Apart from insurance quotations it's the mpg that I'm worried about. I currently drive an old fiesta and that gets around 28/30mpg I don't want something that is gonna ABSOLUTELY drink the juice (I know driving style plays a big part of course, but I'm pretty reserved - hence not buying a 3.0 supra etc etc)

Realistic figures please.

Cheers

I know loads of you will cringe at this - but it is out of curiosity - could it be de-chipped? not that I'd probably do it, just wondering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be looking at around the same. i get 1bout 28-29 on average, and i only travel 14miles per day, so on longer journeys will be better. as for de-chipping... yes you can but youd probably pay the same amount to have it de-chipped as if you were to have it chipped.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I'd recommend an A3 tdi quattro with the Amd treatment as opposed to the 1.8t.
Test drove both and was very impressed with the performance/economy of the quattro...Around 40mpg if you drive it like you stole it and 50+ if you take it easy!!
The 1.8t had quite alot of lag compared to the very torquey tdi quattro.
My Car is doing 0-60 (with esp off)in around 6 secs..(unless my speedo is out..lol..As every site i inform doesnt believe me/its possible.this is to be honest getting the perfect start and screaming the guts out of it)
I've recently bought the car via the audi approved system and they tried to tell me it was standard. The car kept losing the ability to use its Turbo which was diagnosed as an ECU/limp home fault with the excessive power.
Long story short and a new turbo, flow meter, hoses etc etc Audi contacted the Previous owner where he spilled the beans with the same symptoms as me and with the mods.
Still havent been able to speak to him as he lives over 200 miles away and is not returning my calls!
Just my 2pence worth
Danny

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
.. as for the chip cybrey, are you getting it done? what is ur's hitting standard? (mpg) I don't think I'd get it de-chipped or un-mapped lol (whatever it is) lol but was just asking - thanx chaps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I only got the car about a month ago so I'll probably wait for the grin factor to wear off and the warranty to nearly end ( its only a year). Someone else was talking about a group buy from Jabba which was the company I was looking at .. so I may get it sooner.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif