girlfriend knackered my alloy....

bpascua

Reaction score
What a crap day. I lend my girlfriend My mint S3 for one day. First she phones up after finding one of the rear tyres was almost flat after it being at her work all day. So she then takes it to a tyre place near by to have the space saver put on. First they declare the tyre unreparable even though it had 5 mil left becuase of the damage a screw or nail made to it. Next they dont have a new tyre to put on so they tell her they have a part worn. After 15 minutes graunching my perfect alloy they realise that the tyre is the wrong size so they go back to putting the space saver on. So now I get the car back with the alloy in the boot with scuffs all over it and I gotta replace a tyre too. I could live with replacing a tyre but having to get the wheel refurbed too has REALLY ****** ME OFF!!!!! no point complaining to the garage since they didint charge her anything to destroy my alloy which I'd had refurbed 2 months prior!!!!

Moral of the story - I should have driven the 20 miles and changed it myself!!!

also never lend your car to anyone you like.

Brian

Know exactly how you feel mate, the other half kerbed 2 of my 19" cups on 2 seperate occasions in a space of a week! So she literally didn't use the car for a whole year lol. All wheels looking perfect now, and she decides to borrow it one evening and does one of them again!! It's like those Toyota adverts, she's doing it deliberately as revenge for something silly.

Just cos the garage did not charge you does not mean they can damage your property and not be responsible for it! If their machine damaged the rim, they shold pay for the repair, simple as that!

its proving that it wasn't damaged beforehand,
I went to one tyre place and they wanted me to leave the car with them for two hours and couldn't guarentee not to scratch the alloys...I just laughed shook my head and walked off leaving the clown with his gob open wide

let me ex drive mine... f*ck knows why.. its was 6am and i was knackered after a shift... i was happy enough though... got all the way to her house.. parking outside and then the sickening sound of alloy grinding on kerb....my reactions went from :wtf:to......:puke2:to...... :banghead:

Lol i have the same prob when i first had my s3 about a month i fitted brand new wheels, My mrs was going to her parents house and they wanted to see the car so she asked if she could take it me being in a good mood said yea wish i never she smacked the 2 pass wheels on a curb and pulled the front bumper clean off reversing up her mums drive i was very unimpressed when she told me, My car looked sad when she came back dirty damaged wheels and front bumper cable tied on by her dad ..... she dont drive it no more i worked it out it was cheaper for me to buy her a car so i got her a polo with steel wheels lol....

When my Dad bought his first Porsche about 10 years ago, It was a 944, his pride and joy. Mum said to him the first weekend he had, "Can I have a go" and he agreed, as long he was in the car with her. Now, my mother is used to driving an auto.... this 944 turbo was not an auto. So they go for a drive and all is fine. They Pull up behind their other car on the road, outside their house and and she forgets to depress the clutch and runs right underneath the rear bumper of a Volvo 940. Literally right underneath, must have been a good 3 feet of 940 sitting in top of a nice shiny 944 Turbo. That was a priceless moment watching two people sit in an embarrased silence, before my father told her very calmly to get out, and never get back in. It was very funny....